Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monroe Swap Meet - May 13, 14, 15

I'm sure we can arrange that for you Darren.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger, should I bring my giant tarp?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    ...Will gene lend the sun tarp again? Tables?
    Better make that rain tarp! And bring your umbrellas. I'm seeing 70% chance of rain for that area. Ughhhhh...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Club Business Cards

It would be nice to be able to cover up the tables - but we have a long pair of rows set up. We'll see how it goes.

I must have the club card holder in my wagon, which I won't be able to get to by the morning. Also, I think I was at the end of my supply of cards, so if anyone has any club cards at least, bring them with you.

I'm going to try to be there around 7 AM since the show starts at 8AM... so if you guy can push the throttle a little to get there a little early rather than a little late -- that will help. Jay Baker brought by some stuff again today and will be dropping off more in the morning too.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

We will be leaving Seattle @ 6:30 hopefully see you before 8:00 - we may have to call you to get through the gates early...

How is the swap meet? Selling everything I hope. Plans have changed due to the weather and I'm not going to make it up tomorrow, my birthday with friends and family at my house has changed to Sunday brunch out. Roger, I'll come up and get my tables out of your way as soon as possible.

Darren
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here are a few pictures from the day. It was fun but I am a tired boy.
    Made lots of contacts, passed out tons of cards and sold some junk... I mean good stuff.

Since I brought home LESS than I took up, I personally consider it a successful day.

Thanks to Roger, Jay, Pat and Kenny for co-managing the booth. Joanna and her "special" friend Randy stopped by for a spell and to drop off some calendars and other items, Bill W dropped off a new bumper for us to baby-sit while he continued shopping. John H even stopped by to say howdy.

We were very lucky with the weather as is it didn't start raining until 4:55 PM, just as we were covering the tables for the night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are a few pictures from the day. It was not fun and I am a tried and tired boy. Made no contacts, passed out no cards and sold nothing... even the good stuff.

Since I brought home MORE with me than I took up, I personally consider it a wasted day (save the time spent with Gene and Jay). Thanks to them for helping wring out the booth and soggy boxes - get it all into the truck - and then off-load it all again at my place.

Sadly, nobody else stopped by for anything except a lady who was a member of a Buick club, whom, because of her lovely smile as she reminisced about a Falcon she once loved so dearly, was rewarded with the last remaining Buick gaskets. Powell from the Canadian half of the world dropped by again looking for a 64 grill, but they must have sold yesterday. My friend Bill drove all the way from Sequim to find the place abandoned, After talking to one lone vendor (an aging gentleman with two rusted through Dart doors, a fender, and and old generator, which I bought from him to make his day) and buying a few tools from the tool vendor who was just too large to pack up in time for those who came to find the place abandoned - we then drove off into the rain.

We were very lucky with the weather we had yesterday because today there was no such luck. Today, as you can see from the pictures, was a wash (pun intended) - and we packed up after an hour of looking like fools in the rain.

(tongue firmly in cheek)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"