Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TECH DAY! Joanna's nasty hood!

TECH DAY! Joanna's nasty hood!

HI, everyone! Good to see you guys last night at the meeting! My dad and i made it home with no problems, thank goodness...

OK, here are the days i can get together for painting my hood, so just let me know what days work best for the majority of you:

Saturday, July 30
    Sat-Sun, August 6-7
    Sat-Sun, August 13-14

And I know we had talked about ding some prep work on the Friday evening before-hand, so I can also make any of those Fridays work.

I'll take care of bringing pizza and pop for the gang!
    Thanks in advance for the help, you guys!!

Joanna

I can do the 30th and the Friday before. I will be in Reno for Hot August Nights the other weekends. If that date doesn't work I wish everyone the best on this repair. Larry aka Badbird

Larry are you driving your falcon to reno? also I still have the regulator if you still need....john h

No way I would drive it that far without an air conditioner. I am trailering it and it will be my car to drive around there for 1 1/2 weeks. I did get a regulator at the meeting so I appreciate the offer and I really thank everyone for looking and for giving me the regulator. Larry

You must be kidding...air... it's not really summer here , I have never seen a falcon trailor queen . cars are made to be driven , I would drive mine there in a hart beat if I wanted to go....

I can't do the 13-14th, but the other weekends work for me. I remember Pat saying he was busy the weekend of the 13th and 20th. Maybe the 29th can be a strip and sand day and the 30th the first stages of painting? I'll let the experts weigh in on timing, this is an area I too am in the learning stages.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

I'm heading up to that show on the 13th I mentioned at the meeting on the 13th, so that day's shot.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

After this note I won't waste anymore space on this thread to discuss my driving to Reno or trailering the car. It may not be summer here, but it will probably be summer there. I also am taking my mother-in-law and daughter along with us. Where do folks put enough clothes and whatever for four people for a two week stay in Reno to play golf and other activities inside a Falcon? I have a 35 foot motor home for these drives and a trailer. So, "Falcon Cobra" I agree that cars are meant to be driven but without knowing any of the particulars it doesn't seem right to catagorize someones car as a trailer queen. Also with only 180 miles on my car I would be insane to start off on a 1500 mile trip on the first expedition. Larry

Larry, even though this thread seems to have been diverted in a direction it wasn't intended, keep us posted regarding your adventures in Reno. I, for one am very interested, and it wouldn't matter even "if" your car is a "trailer queen". You have a "drop dead geogeous" car and however you choose to use it is fine by me and I'm sure, many others!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

OK I"am sorry I was only joking, I don't think I would drive there in a falcon either, I know people that have had there cars come off trailors or the trailor come loose from the truck,, not good.. I see jokes have no place here...and yes it is a fine car, best to take care of it....john h

Dates chosen!

For anyone who can come and help out, the confirmed tech days are:

AUGUST 6-7 (Saturday and Sunday)

Times tbd! And directions to Pat's house also coming...Stay tuned!

Joanna

Come help refinish a hood this weekend.

The address is 2841 NW 74th St, Seattle WA 98117. You can Google or MapQuest for direction from wherever you are.

There will be some work Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I'll be there! Time to spruce up Martha so she can make it to a show or two this year!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I plan to be there on Saturday to do some stuff, but will not be able to stay really long like I usually do.

And Sunday is my B-day. You can send presents to 126 143rd....

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"