Thread: RainierFalcons.com wishlist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RainierFalcons.com wishlist

Hey All,

I'd like to get some feedback on what you like or dislike about this website. I would also like to know what features you would like to see. I, for one, would like to have a photo gallery and a nice collection of technical articles.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Pat,

It would be nice to have a "Stay logged in unless I log out" feature. I was working on a post a week or so ago and was detailing some work I was doing and it took a little while to finish (I didn't count the minutes, but it was a few) and when I posted it said I needed to log-in and I lost the post. P155ED me off, so I never reposted the thing. Had put too much work into it. Why do we have a time-out anyway? I can see it on a banking site, but here? If this can be altered, I'd vote for that change.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

There is a checkbox seen during login named "Remember Me". Check that box and you won't have trouble. If by chance you still do, check the cookie settings.
    Patrick Brown

I changed the session timeout from 15 minutes (the default) to 60 minutes for those that don't want to use the Remember Me option.
    Patrick Brown

Thumbs up

Patrick,

I knew about the "remember me" feature, but I thought that only had to do with initial log-ins. We have the same feature, but we don't use time-outs on my forum, so I never set it to see if it had that effect. 60-minute time-out would have been enough for me on the one post I lost though, so thanks for that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"