Thread: 302 for Smithkid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes, the parts all made it in fine shape. May change the color. Weird thing though; the crank pulley doesn't seem to fit the harmonic balancer, (about .020") too large where it drops into the center for alignment. May have to do some minor mod to it. Not sure yet. PM me where you would like some paperwork sent to, please. I forgot to get address from packaging.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Not too much happened this week(end). Did sell the old engine (it went to Canada to end up in a '66 Mustang). Spent a bit of time in the engine compartment cleaning and prepping for paint (RSN). Took my (replacement) steering column to Redhead Steering today. Gotta get the old one out soon as Readhead says they have a 24hr turn-around.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Hey gene how is the steering box coming? I got mine out without a lot of trouble, the manifold is off and only had to unhook the brake line, piece of cake, how much did they charge for the rebuild at red head?..jh

Mine was easy to take out with no engine in the bay. I wanted it out to allow easier D & C in perep for painting, which is now mostly complete. Just have to paint some small parts that were removed for same reason, then do a bit of wire harness re-wrapping. Then i'll be ready to drop the new engine in as soon as my latest shipment of parts arrives. The reuild at Readhead cost a bit under $300 (hope it's worth it). I didn't know the condition of the replacement box, so felt it needed to be done.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Kinda feel like I should have named this thread "little at a time" as I seem to be able to go slow and Guy doesn't. However, I ave gotten some more painting done, the rebuilt PS steering box mounted, and the old linkage most ly out of the way. Why oh why did I waste the warm days of summer/fall? It's cold out there!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Wasting time?

Since when is fishing wasting time? Would you rather be fishing in the cold? It's easier to warm a garage than it is a lake.

You're doing a fine job over there - and still finding time to come help me too! On the 11th, we will crank up heat on this and get 'er dun.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"