Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 302 for Smithkid

I live in S. Everett, a few blocks from the K-Mart.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Gene - I created a thread for your install party, but I'm confused on the actual date. So, please update the thread with anything I left out:

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...=9956#post9956
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hmmmm... seems like part of this thread fell into the bit bucket......
    It was COLD this morning with the garage door open, but, the 302 is in place and some of the detail work is done. Thanks to the crew that helped out today (Bill, Kenny, Roger and Denny). The engine went in with very little problem, with the trans attached and the headers loose so we could wiggle them around while lowering to the motor mounts. The driveshaft, e-brake, fuel pump, and carb are all in place. Some plumbing, linkages, and wiring just need to be done and it should be ready for first startup. I'm waiting for some front-end parts, then off to the alignment shop, and the muffler shop for some noise control
    THANKS AGAIN for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SmithKid; December 10th, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

A few more shots! That engine looks really good in there. Glad we could get you a few steps closer to on the road Gene. Thanks for keeping us fed with the cookies, cider, and fried chicken for lunch!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

throttle cable

The cable that I have would be more trouble than it's worth. I think you would be better off to fabricate one. That way you can use his peddle. It was nice to meet you guys.

Looks good guys. I would have much rather been there than pouring concrete?. One question however, did the "flarechero" make its first appearance?? I hope this spring that the "flarechero", the Genechero, and my 62 (still to be named) can show up together somewhere..
    Anyway nice job, you all have earned a good defrosting!

I'm close, but no cigar. I hope to have its engine misbehavin's sorted out pretty soon. I need to run it for a while to do that and at the moment I'm focusing on getting it all water-tight and all the little doo-dads installed before I open up the garage. I need to update my "Crazy" thread soon.

I'm sure by spring we'll both be able to meet up with you somewhere. I, for one, will do all I can to help Gene meet that deadline.

Post pictures of your concrete pour. Those of us who have been there would like to see the change you made.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'll pop those up in the chit chat.... Poured 6 yards Yeah Yeah!!! Also dropped off the chero at the tire store this am. Getting new shoes and an alignment. Found out it has front disk brakes too.. Go figure.
    Anyway hope you get the bugs worked out and I hope Gene get's his bugs worked out as well.
    Good job for all you guys that made it over to Genes. Gotta love a club that will freeze their b**ls off to help out a friend. Hope to make it over again soon. In the mean time more pics for those of us who didn't make it...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon1 View Post
    The cable that I have would be more trouble than it's worth. I think you would be better off to fabricate one. That way you can use his peddle. It was nice to meet you guys.
    Thanks Denny for looking. Gene - I have a few cable-style accelerators I've collected over the summer and I found something last night in my pile that might just slide over that pedal shaft and clear the intake runner. I will drag it all over there and we'll get things hooked up... somehow. Hold off buying something from Lokar until we've had a chance to work on it more.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"