Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 302 for Smithkid

Well, it was a valiant try, but the pulley that John has is the same as the one I already have. So, I'm still looking......

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Pulley

I dont know if this would help.... Im confused on the year
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/2774909261.html
    Gene I hope it helps...... theres a guy up in Arlington that is always trying to sell Ford steering stuff on Craigslist, but I dont see any ads right now. Theres a guy over on Madison that has some Falcons his name is Steve. I dont have his number maybe in the Falcon registry
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

If you havn't found one I might have one if you know what you're looking for. I have a couple of buckets full of pulleys ive had for for years. You're welcome to come over and look through them if you'd like. Give me a call. 425-481-1502 Dave

See eBay link above

What Gene needs is exactly like the one on eBay in the link I posted above.

We're debating extensive machining at the moment to try and make something that works, maybe from something John had and supplied to Gene - or splitting a double-groove pulley and welding a part of one to another. One way or the other, we've get this bird to fly.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Not sure if I have the right one or not. I just pulled all the power steering stuff off the 62. The set up came from a 64 mustang. Let me check it out tonight and get a pic, maybe I can still help.

Thanks Steve. If it turns out you have one like the link Roger posted, maybe you could take a pic of it?
    Gene

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Gene,

Can't you just run a standard two groove pulley and change the spacing on the alternator and/or power steering pump?
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I've seen that done on other cars recently, and it is definitely one of my alternative. In my case, the pump brackets would have to be spaced almost 3" from the head, and that is not my preference. I hope to be able to come up with the proper pulley, at a reasonable cost, or modify something to be close to the proper one. I was given a pulley that could have been modified, but it used a much narrower belt than what was on the pump, and I'm thinking it would probably slip/squeel, so am still pursueing something else.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Sorry Gene, the one I have is a standard 3 groove pulley. I think it is the one used for P/S, and AC.

Thumbs up Solution found

Here is the solution I've worked out with Gene. We took a two groove pulley and cut the needed part off of it, bored it to fit the outside diameter of a single groove pulley. We will install it, align the belt to the PS pump, and mark the location. I will then measure between the outer and inner pulleys to make shims the same in 3 places (to assure it runs true), and then TIG weld it. It should then be as good as the original we can't find for less than its weight in gold.

Gene - expect me to drop by later after work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"