Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 302 for Smithkid

Yes, it's always exhilarating to fire up a motor for the first time. Especially when it runs good too. Great job Gene.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Sounds great guys! What a great day to be wrenchin!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Got another little bit done today. Cleaned up the ignition wiring (it was a rats-nest temp. to get it running). Next: spark plug wires into their looms, then it'll be runnable again Still waiting for some PS parts. Hopefully they'll arrive in the next coupla days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Looking good Gene, I might have the 62 on the road today. Just need to install a fan spacer. Maybe a "flarechero", "Genechero", and "anotherstevechero" cruise is in order.

It does look great Gene. Nice cap.

And yes, very soon we'll have to start a branch of the club called the Rainier Ranchero Club. 3 strong... then 2, then 3, then 2, then 3, then....

As soon as I get my new gas tank in and a working gas gauge, and a little more tuning, I'll be driving mine a lot more. Oh, and less snow too.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I get it, cause I sell and trade and buy so often!!!! I can't help it I want them all!!

P.S. I have a 65 for sale....

Sorry for the Hijack Gene I really can't wait to get yours, Rogers and hopefully one of mine in the same place along with all the other Falcon club members. Come on spring.

It was a lot of tedious work, but the end result with the Smootie looms is very much worth it in my estimation. Roger & I started it again quickly (just to check thhe wiring, heh heh) today. Funny, it's still LOUD! He also helped me put the dash-pad back in. I'd tried several times before and always knocked the little clips off. But we got it today and it, too, looks good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Very nice and clean!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Looks awesome Gene (and Roger) lets get the cheros together for a cruise!! Maybe we can bring them to the meeting next week??

I don't think Gene will be driving open header anywhere other than the muffler shop - and without the steering hooked up yet, not going to happen by next Wednesday, unless his parts arrive... and I think they are on the same truck as my parts.

It does sound really good un-corked though.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"