Hey - as I mentioned the other night at the meeting I've been trying to debug this wacky running condition on my truck. I thought it may have been the Pertronix since I has previous issues with it.

This evening after getting all the glass installed on the Ranchero I decided to look at the truck, since it needs to move to put the Ranchero where it is at. First I changed the cap/rotor/wires since a few days back I got onehelluva shock. Truck started up and ran great... for all of 30 seconds. Then in one second it started running bad again. So I decided to upgrade to the DuraSpark II setup with the GM module - since I had them. No change.

So I started turning in the idle screws to see what effect they had +/- and on the passenger side I turn the screw all the way in and the engine stalled. So I backed it out and restarted and tried the same thing on the drivers side - no change at any position. Never stalled.

So as best I can see the engine is running very lean on 4 cylinders and the idle circuit on this "new" carburetor clogged up somehow. Thing is - I replaced the carb because the truck was running like it is.

The problem did go away when I put on the new carb and I drove it about 2 or 3 months (150 miles?) and now the new carb has the same issues.

I have everything filtered, so I can't see it getting crud in it already. I does run pretty good if the choke is full out and off-idle.

Thoughts? I think I do need another test carb. Anybody?