Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Little @ time

Looking good Guy, I hope that dipstick will fit in with your beautiful work. I will get it off in the mail today or tomorrow. Keep it up and don't over do it... Steve

Smile

I was able to get out in the shop today for a little bit. I got everthing staged for the exhaust system installation. But then I started stiffing up again and got p ed off and just came in!

2 pics
    Guy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smile

Got the exhaust system bolted up. I'm done for the day.

Hope everybody enjoyed Christmas,
    Guy

Hey there it is looking good, when we get old we feel like the old cars that need a lot of work, hope you feel better now the exhaust is on...jh

Guy - it's pictures like that last one of the gas tank that make me say stupid things like "While I'm at it... I ought to..." and things like that.

Fight it!

It's looking really good and I hope, as well, that you feel your normal 100% soon.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Smile

I am going to try wiring the regulator next Sunday or Monday when I get off of work. I am still waiting on the tranny gasket from MAC's and Steve's dipstick. I am very close to adding all of the fluids. I will feel alot better after she starts that first time.

My home town team won the South,
    Guy

Smile

Luva65,

My plan is to restore the truck next summer. The exhaust makes the gas tank look it's age. But as you know this is not TV. Don't you just love those shows that restore a car in 1/2 an hour! As everyone knows auto restoration takes time, passion, love, and a lot of money. Ya, its the end product after its complete and your sitting next to your car at the local drive in. But really it's the journey that supplies the joy of our hobby and is what keeps me going.

Steve,

I got the dip stick but it is a mid to late sixties stick and not a 63 Ford-O-Matic. From one car guy to another, thank you for sending it.

The weather is going to be good today so I plan on spending the day in the shop. I would like to get the fluids in her today, but we will see how far I get.

Guy

Lookin good.
    Just keep on pluggin away Guy
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Smile

I finally got the stuff I ordered from MAC'S. Installed the tranny pan and the drive shaft today. Got the wrong o-ring for the tranny fill tube, I will go looking for the correct size tomorrow. Filled her with oil and cooling fluid too. Also leveled the hood latching assembly.

Can anyone help me with this part? In the pictures you can see it is the small tranny cover. In the last picture you can see the large tranny cover installed. I labeled it front passengers side, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how it goes. Maybe someone has a picture with it installed.

Man I had fun today,
    Guy

Smile

It was in the fifties today, man it was nice down here,

I got in the shop today and went right to the regulator wiring. I'm trying to go from a generator to an altenator, just to fill in a bit. I put it off to long. I got 4 connections made today.
    1. Indicator (from firewall) to 'I' on the Voltage Regulator, (VR).
    2. Altenator (at back of altenator) 'Grn' to chassis ground.
    3. Altenator (at back of altenator) 'STA' to 'S' on the VR. I ran a whight wire, 14 gauge.
    4. Altenator (at back of altenator) 'FLD' to 'F' on the VR.

I still have the altenator (at back of altenator) 'BATT', and a wire coming from the solenoid to connect to the VR. Those are the two I need help on.

One thing that I cannot not see yet is how that large yellow wire from the back of the altenator, 'BATT' is going to hook up to the small yellow wire coming out of the voltage regulator pigtag connector.

I put pictures in of the connections at the back of the altenator, and voltage regulator pigtag.

Had fun today, thats two days four hours each and thats all I can get to for now.

It's time to get to the beer for now,
    Guy

The yellow from the ALT and the yellow from the VR can tie together at the BAT + side of the Starter Solenoid (not the side going to the starter terminal).

See that diagram Gary MacDee posted a few pages back with the Gen to Alt conversion. They show a terminal block, but as long at they all to the same stud on the BAT + side of the solenoid, then you're good.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"