Thread: 24F Battery with Tabs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thought I'd dredge up this old thread for an update. The Budget Battery finally pooped out after 4+ years. I decided to look for something a little better but man, these particular batteries are getting hard to find.

Finding a 24F isn't too tough but finding one with the tabs at the bottom is. I probably called around to 10 sources in the Seattle area and stopped by a couple but they all had smooth sides. And I wasn't willing yet to redo the hold down to one that goes over the top of the battery.

So I thought Walmart in Everett might have one, drove up and it was no go. Drove over to Interstate and no tab on theirs either. Then I called up Pacific Power Batteries nearby and it sounded promising. Sure enough! I found a 5-year, sealed with 700 CCA for $128.

Glad to at least be on the road again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Home Depot also carries a 24F w/tabs. I got one there a coupla months ago. Glad yer on the road again.
    Last edited by SmithKid; July 6th, 2016 at 12:25 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I got something at PepBoys that had tabs and fit, but I don't think I ended up with a 24F, which didn't have tabs. 8-something-model comes to mind, but will check soon just to add it to this thread.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"