Thread: Weber adapter for Ford L6 144/170/200/250

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Have the adapter done and the carb installed. Didn't spend much time on it this weekend though. Enjoying the sunshine instead. But I decided to order the air-cleaner adapter to see if that will work without cobbling the bottom of the air cleaner and fabbing something like Kenny did.

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/Phot...ductCode=A1000

Next comes finding a low-pressure gauge and installing the fuel pressure regulator as I wait for that adapter to arrive. Then should be ready to fire up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

That looks awesome. Dumb question, is that on the flarechero? Looks like it. I hope it makes it run like a r*#@!ed ape!!!

Yes - it was the one giving me grief on the drive out to your place last month. I had it off as soon as I got back and figured out what the problem was - and fixed it - and it was running fairly well afterward. It was a 1940-model (not as in the year 1940) Holley carburetor, which I had issues with also when it was on my wagon and driving to Oregon a couple years ago. Just tired of messing with it. I just want something more current and reliable - not 50-years old.

Not sure it's going to make it any more peppy, but it may. Kenny is the only other one I know who has one.

I figure any thing I do with this can transfer over to the wagon once Flarechero gets two more cylinders.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Soooo how does it run???

Have not started it yet with this. Still needing to mount the fuel pressure regulator and finish my air-cleaner adapter.

The A1000 air cleaner adapter came in yesterday, but it is a little bigger diameter around the mouth of it, so I need to decide how to combat this. I can have our tool maker machine something for me, but I'd like to see if I can find something the average guy can do. Not that the base adapter was easy - it can still be done with basic tools and a hunk of aluminum. The air cleaner is about .100 smaller than the diameter of the adapter mouth. We'll see what I come up with. Wish I had a shrinking machine.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"