Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Friends know each others names

Welcome Dub!
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Welcome Dub!
    Look forward to the story ad what’s behind the “Poor decision maker” title.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Hey Dub...

Greetings and as others have indicated... it'll be interesting to hear how you came upon your Falcon. I'm sure many here will appreciate seeing what your Bronco looks like. You're free to mention anything you want about it in the ChitChat section.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Gentlemen.
    I purchased myself a 63 Futura convertible this last Wednesday and felt a great need to know others that share in this obsession i have.

I have grown somewhat concerned after my purchase however.

Is it normal to find yourself creeping down to the garage at all hours? I’m hoping the stroking and sweet talk will fade with time too. It’s not at a Christine level or anything.

I think I’ve got this under control. Just concerned.
    Matt
    '63 Falcon Futura Convertible 170ci Special C4 Auto
    "Don't worry, she'll hold together... You hear me baby? Hold together." -Han Solo

UT oh Matt, I’m sorry to be the one to break it to you but that little problem you speak of ...it’s more likely to get worse than better. Welcome to the support group, I mean club.
    Now feel free to head over to the “show off my ride” section and help feed our addiction with some pictures, what your story is and what your plans are. We’d love to follow it. Welcome to the forum! You’ve got a good group here. Most of us have documented our addictions there if you want to see how bad it gets.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

I am new to Falcons. We purchased a Futura Convertible in early summer and used to in several local car shows. The car was originally a 6 cylinder with a 4 speed. The previous owner replaced the 4 speed with a C4. As I got to know the car better I realized there is something not quite right with the drive train and the car would vibrate even when not moving. Based on this we decided to move forward with updating the cars drive train and suspension. This has turned in to my winter project.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilvmygt View Post
    I am new to Falcons. We purchased a Futura Convertible in early summer and used to in several local car shows. The car was originally a 6 cylinder with a 4 speed. The previous owner replaced the 4 speed with a C4. As I got to know the car better I realized there is something not quite right with the drive train and the car would vibrate even when not moving. Based on this we decided to move forward with updating the cars drive train and suspension. This has turned in to my winter project.
    So, what are you going to update it all to? Winter is just about over!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I started in December with the the removal of the engine and transmission. Then removed the front suspension and installed a Mustang 2 front suspension. That gives me modern suspension with power Rack and Pinon and disk brakes. The rear suspension was also removed to install a 4 link rear suspension with disk brakes. Changed the Master cylinder to a power dual master cylinder. I am changing the 6 cylinder to a 302 with an AOD. The suspension work is pretty much complete.

I ended up taking the interior apart to inspect and clean everything up and for work under the dash. Found minimal amount of surface rust so it all got treated with a rust conversion coating and epoxy primer. The dash was also taken apart to modify the brakes and steering so I will paint the dash before I put it all back together. While the dash is a part I did a little rewiring to move the fuse panel off the light switch. I was going to replace the wiring harness but found it to be in remarkably good condition but was having issues with some of the bullet connections coming apart. I plan to put heat shrink over the connects and that should prevent then from coming apart. Since the shock towers are gone I moved the wiring in the engine compartment to clean things up.

I am waiting on the engine and transmission to arrive. I will need to test fit the AOD once it arrives to see if any work on the tunnel will be needed. This is going to be my wife's car and she wants an automatic so that is what we are putting in.

When will it be done? This work will be done before we take to its first car show or cruise. This year is the drive train, next year is interior and paint the following year.

Sounds awesome! I think a lot of us would appreciate seeing some of what you just described. You should start a thread post some pics of this work. Sounds like you've got a lot done in a very short time.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"