Thread: Need stock 3 speed for 144cu in Econoline

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well I got everything back together today, replaced exhaust manifold, new starter back on, alternator, replaced front right brake line, got emergency brake working and replaced radiator with one out of a mustang (didn't realize that the mounting flanges were different also bottom connection is on opposite side. Longer radiator hose took care of that, jury rigged mounting until Tuesday because I wanted to see if transmission worked. Transmission worked and shifts like butter after adjusting the linkage, I'm a very happy camper.Manifold starter/alternator were mostly done yesterday. Hope to get it registered this week.
    Olgraybeard

What side are the hose connections on (top and bottom)? I have the radiator from my V-8 Falcon that you could have if it'll work. Wasn't leaking, I just wanted the bling of a new aluminum one.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

on my Enonoline pickup 1 1/2 top connection on right side and 1 3/4 on left side. On the mustang 1 1/2 on right and 1 3/4 on right. I guessing your Falcon is the same as the Mustang although the Mustang was a v8
    Olgraybeard

Both connections are on the passenger side in my car. I think some Mustangs (newer) had the lower hose on the driver side. I neede to stay with my '65 style water pump rather than the newer one to make the connections properly to the 302.
    Last edited by SmithKid; November 4th, 2012 at 09:56 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I replaced my econoline radiator with an all aluminum off of ebay, it works great. I also opted for the connections to both be on the passenger side I have a 240). You can get the right size radiator still its just that the mounting flanges will be on the wrong side. I over came this with new speed nuts, longer bolts, and aluminum tube I cut as a 3" spacer.

My next mod is a Spal fan kit and thermostat. I have the pieces, now just need a little time...
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Great minds think alike I'm doing the same only steel 1/4 ips steel pipe spacers as soon as I get rid of voltage regulator, it in the way right now (its not being used, I went with a one wire Alternator with a built in regulator)
    Olgraybeard

I second that, I also went to a one wire! I raised my doghouse 2.5" to accomodate my Offy/Holley 390 setup. In the process I eliminated anything that was attached to the doghouse including the regulator and I moved the coil and starter relay to different locations.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160