Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-4 transmission.

C-4 transmission.

I have my C4 transmission for sale. It has been rebuilt with less than 700 miles on it. It was rebuilt to handle over 500 horsepower. It has a shift kit for firmer quicker shifts, new cobra servos, new 2500 RPM stall convertor, case and bell housing were powder coated. Many new parts added internally, I also have the finned transmission cooler, and the tubing to the radiator. It also comes with the Lokar Kickdown Cable. I have more than $1200 in the transmission and components. It works perfect. The attached picture doesn't show the new chrome pan on the bottom, I didn't want to put the new pan on untill it was installed to prevent damage. I would like to get $650 for everything but will listen to offers, (sincere offers). Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Hi larry, I would like to come by sometime and talk about your C-4 and maybe go for a ride, mine leaks like a sive, and it"s time for some work on it, let me know....john

I'd be interested in your c4 also, but it sounds like John needs it more than me.
    My 260 is stock and don't know if I need a stall converter etc. if it doesn't work out with him, let me know. I would love to get rid of my 2 speed
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Hey bill.. is your's a 5 bolt or a 6 bolt motor ? a 63 should be 5, I have a C-4 with a 5 bolt that could use a rebuild and I have a trans guy that will do it....jh

No! I want it!

Really I do, but I don't need it now and if others have need, first come, first serve.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Well that also has possibilities. I just think a c4 would be much better on the highway. Let me know what you want for it.
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

C-4 transmission.

I really want to sell all of the equipment as a total group. I am sorry John, but I have already started removing everything so it sure isn't ready to drive. I needed to sell this stuff so I can buy a T5. Also need to mention that the bell housing is for a newer 87-93 302. So if someone is really interested I will work harder at pulling everything off ASAP.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by BillP 98201 View Post
    Well that also has possibilities. I just think a c4 would be much better on the highway. Let me know what you want for it.
    Bill,

Keep in mind that the C4 and the Ford-o-Matic both have a 1:1 top gear. Where the C4 differs is that 1st gear is much lower and 2nd gear is very close to the 1st gear you have now. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the C4 is a great upgrade but you need to change the rear gears to get the advantage on the highway. Find an 8" with a 2.79:1 diff and that will get you some nice cruising gears.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Someone elts can have it,I will just rebuild the one I have...Go for it roger

I totally spaced the fact I had a C4 that came with the Ranchero's I bought from Steve. And he had indicated it was also rebuilt (though I have yet to open it up to check to what level of rebuild it had).

So, if you need it John, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    Also need to mention that the bell housing is for a newer 87-93 302.
    I also don't know about the differences Larry noted above. I'll be using a mid-60's 289 block when I get to this point of the Ranchero project (if I get there at all), so I think it is, for the price and year, better suited for John's car than mine.

Larry, if all else fails and you don't find a buyer here, I may reconsider. I think the bell-housings are easy to swap-out. I would also list it on Craigslist if you don't get a bite here.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"