Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monroe Swap Meet

Wow. It seems as though I really misunderstood your intent for Friday . So.... Can I retract my earlier statements and offers for Friday? Please? In light of the above, I probably won't be going until Saturday. But I still volunteer my truck to transport stuff to/from the meet if that is needed.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

We'll discuss all this on Wednesday. No problem.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Monroe Swap Meet

Carol and I are planning on being at the meeting on Wednesday, and if needed I will try my best to be at the swap meet on Saturday or Sunday. Also, if you want me to bring my car Saturday or Sunday let me know. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

So who is going to the S/M tomorrow? haven't herd much about it for a while...jh

I plan to bring the Comet to the swap tomorrow to try and sell it. As a club, were not thinking about hanging around for Sunday and as such do I hear any objections to parking the Comet next to the booth? I know it's the "other Falcon" but they charge $35 to put a car in the corral now and if it rains, like they say, I don't think it will be worth paying $35 for only one day. If people think it will send the wrong message, I'll be OK with that, but I think it'll draw attention to the booth/club even if it's not a Falcon.

Any comments?

Bill Williams and I went there today and setup the tent and put a table under it and sealed it up for the night. We didn't get too much time in as I wanted to shop around because he had to get get home, but it's all there. If you have anything to bring, we have a really nice space, so there's plenty of room. Whoever gets there first, try and setup as much as you can.

As for the "who-all will be there", we did discuss this at length at the meeting, Wednesday. Most everyone is only wanting to do Saturday, so most everyone who is coming is coming by 8AM on Saturday. Because I have the window placard, I'll try to get there early. If anyone shows early, give me a call and I can get you in at the car coral gate.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger - Go for the Comet at the booth. It will draw some people over... if you love the Falcon you certainly know the Comet. Plus if it rains I'll have somewhere dry and warm to sit and sulk (get a full tank of gas please).

If we take everything away Saturday @ close, I can throw the table and big items in my van and take them home so you won't have to get them in your Comet or come back later to pick-up. You can get them after work someday as I'm close you your day job. Alternatively, if you sell the Comet, I'll bring you and the junk to your house after the swap.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

OK. Thanks Jeff. And the heater does work nice.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"