Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
You will also find carb company making plastic carbs now too..

Wonder if it has anything to do with ethenol?
Absolutely does. We deal with fuel monitoring systems at work http://www.floscan.com and the issue with ethanol has been plaguing us for a long time now. Car makers of course have shifted to all plastic fuel tanks and lines (where practical) and so it doesn't surprise me to see plastic carbs too. Interestingly the items we had the biggest issue with were diaphragms - like those used in accelerator pumps of carbs. Lot's of tweaking and testing compositions of materials to get these to last. I doubt that most carb-kit makers address this in their kits. Just a reason to stay in business for them.

Of late we've been dealing with ABS (the governing body, not the type of plastic) that is mandating components with fuel in them on boats withstand something like 1800 degrees for 5 minutes without melting (or some such number). So we are now redesigning sensors to be all stainless steel. Plastic carburetors would not pass ABS regulations.

From the sounds of it, talking with Gene last night, he's picked out a spacer. Gosh, now that I think of it, Gene, I hope all the linkages still reach...