Thread: Cleaning up Vikingblu

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Blue Wonder Falcon

Jay Leno says that sometimes he will buy an old car just because of the story that goes with it. Your story is amazing. $1700 back in 1977 would have been pretty expensive. Your Dad must have really been smitten by that car. And then you and your brother must have fallen under its spell also to be willing to put so much work into. And that was back when old Falcons were still everywhere, and most people just thought of them as old cars. And now you are still driving it and talking about what work each one of you did 34 years ago. Amazing. That is a very special car.

I love your bench seat! The second picture shows how it lets you spread out and get comfortable. Your upholstery looks great, and I can see that you have a padded dash and a lace-on steering wheel cover.

Everyone looks happy in the photos. Thanks for sharing them.

I really love Falcons. They just seem to draw and radiate happiness and good times. When people see mine, they light up and smile and say "My aunt had one!", "That was my first car!", or "My father had a beige one!".

Just got back from the xxx show, how bout a edsel, and the guy with the yellow one wants 21,000 for it . and a old buddy shows up with the cobra. he was in the oil business. [ pumped gas at the chevron station ] ....jh
    Attached Images Attached Images

That yellow falcon has been for sale for years...

Does he still carry a copy of mustangs and fords that the car was in?

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    Just got back from the xxx show, how bout a edsel, and the guy with the yellow one wants 21,000 for it . and a old buddy shows up with the cobra. he was in the oil business. [ pumped gas at the chevron station ] ....jh
    Shucks,,,missed a good one. I tried to get there, however removing the battery tray, cleaning up the mess and installing a new battery took longer than I had anticipated.
    Road test up to Lil Mountain park in south Mt Vernon via Stanwood about 5pm.
    Dave M
    1963 Ford Falcon Futura convertible 170ci auto.
    Arlington Wa

expensive falcons

Quote Originally Posted by ew1usnr View Post
    Jay Leno says that sometimes he will buy an old car just because of the story that goes with it. Your story is amazing. $1700 back in 1977 would have been pretty expensive. Your Dad must have really been smitten by that car. And then you and your brother must have fallen under its spell also to be willing to put so much work into. And that was back when old Falcons were still everywhere, and most people just thought of them as old cars. And now you are still driving it and talking about what work each one of you did 34 years ago. Amazing. That is a very special car.

I love your bench seat! The second picture shows how it lets you spread out and get comfortable. Your upholstery looks great, and I can see that you have a padded dash and a lace-on steering wheel cover.

Everyone looks happy in the photos. Thanks for sharing them.

I really love Falcons. They just seem to draw and radiate happiness and good times. When people see mine, they light up and smile and say "My aunt had one!", "That was my first car!", or "My father had a beige one!".
    I paid 1500.00 for the Raven Sprint. I borrowed the money from my Dad. I paid him back $100.00 a month. Painting the Futura was in a way, intrest on the "loan".
    Dave M
    Arlington Wa

Beautiful weekend weather

Went for a drive Saturday with my daughter. I am amazed at the fuel economy of the 170. Stopped in at the Arlington Burger king where the hot rod club meets. Drove the backroads home.
    Dave M
    Arlington Wa

Details details.

Painted these pieces 35 years ago, shade was off a tad.
    Better now
    Dave M
    Arlington Wa

Stretching an old canvas

Top hadnt been up in probably 25 years. After spending half the day installing the fresh painted bits, I let the top soak up some rays. It was about .500" from pin /latch alignment.
    Got er done. Went for a drive/supper.
    Dave M
    Arlington Wa