Thread: Engine Bay Color

Engine Bay Color

I have a 1963 Falcon Sprint what is the correct color for the engine bay is it semi gloss black

From what I've read, the 63 would have a black engine bay. Here's a blurb from the TFFN site http://www.tffn.net/1960.html

General Observations on Engine Compartment:

1960-65 Engine compartment is painted before brake lines, heater blower motor, master cylinder, radiator, horns, or wiring is installed. On the 60-62 the engine compartment is body exterior color. In the case of black cars-the engine compartment is oversprayed again in a semi-gloss black (all 63-65 engine compartments are semi-gloss black). The radiator support assembly is semi-gloss black inside and outside. The underside of the hood is exterior body color. The steering column is painted the same as it is on the inside of the car. Brake lines and attaching hardware are all natural finish. All wiring is connected to the fenderwells with the snap together plastic clips which are simply heated and poked through their associated holes. The bolts which connect the tops of the fenders to the inner fenderwell uni-body are natural finish.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)