Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final assembly party

I am in as well. I will meet Roger at the ferry terminal if there is a seat available. I'll bring my wiring tools.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Roger said he has 4 seats so you should be fine and yes wiring will be the hardest stuff to tackle. I think I need to try and find some more crimp terminals to be on the safe side.
    Thanks guys its getting closer.

I have a really good crimp tool and connectors. For splices I will be more pro and do solder/heat shrink. Maybe Gene can bring his solder pencil with the built in power plant
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Well looks like the weather is going to suck so I think I'll pick up some fuel for the heater and maybe ill set up the rv so we don't track stuff into the main house.
    I have a couple soldering irons here but not sure how good they are. Any way if you bring supplies keep track of stuff and ill reimburse as needed. I'm sure ill forget something.

Need a favor; does anyone have a Falcon fender script badge that I can borrow for a week or so?? My pinstripe guy wants to use that for a visual aid in doing the show sign for my car. I will return it just need to use it for a few days. I can't seem to find all the badges that came off my car???
    If so could someone bring it over with them on Saturday? Thanks Steve

I have a bird but no script.

Ok so turns out we will be installing the front glass. I swear this town is all on crack!! Ill post the whole story in the reconstruction thread.
    So what kind of glue do I need for that?? I have two windshield gasket all the trim and new glass. I have the black tubes of stuff for the door seals but not sure if that is used on the glass. Thank everyone.

Steve it's called windshild sealer [black] and it's like claulk. can get it at a auto parts store. I have a rear fender falcon scrip you can use but I can't go sat...jh

Thanks John maybe some one can scoop it up from you and bring it with them.. Anyone close to John?? Id trade a T-shirt for whoever can bring it for there troubles. John Ill give you one too.. Thanks..

Maybe I used the wrong stuff

I used "3M Automotive Bedding and Glazing Compound". My well stocked Napa had it on the shelf. It came in a standard caulk tube and seemed to work good. I also used it for my wagon's other fixed glass (which your delivery doesn't have).

http://3mcollision.com/3m-auto-beddi...d-08509-1.html

I will be in Oak Harbor this weekend but sending good energy your way.

I owe you the window setting tape used to hold your chrome strip to the top of your rear window. I need to order enough for both of our wagons. I'll get going on that order and snail mail it to you

have fun you guys
    Last edited by Jeff W; September 26th, 2013 at 05:08 PM.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Should's read this thread first. Yes, that's the stuff, Jeff. I can try and pick up a tube tomorrow for you Steve, if you can't get it local. Won't have a lot of time to run around, but anybody wanting to send something to Steve can run it over to my place tomorrow at any time of the day.

On the subject of the commute...

Kenny and Brian so far.

Should we just meet at the 205th Home Depot/Costco parking lot and then nobody has to drive any further north? That might give Kenny a few extra minutes to swing by Krispe Kreme!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"