For those of you that wish to do a 4 speed conversion you need to know that you just dont go out and buy a 4 speed transmission and bolt it in the car. You need to have the correct tail housing on the transmission to put the shifter in the correct spot in the transmission tunnel. Sounds simple enough until you go to find one.

Well after extensive searching craigslist and ebay for a 2 months I finally called Dan Williams toploader and purchased one from him you have your choice of a cast or an aluminum tail housing for $300.00 or $350.00 but wait it gets even more interesting then you need the correct install kit and they quit making them years ago, well he just happens to have them also so tack another $150.00 on. Shifter part is easy you can buy them new everywhere.

Good part is he will give me a good size chunk of it back when I send him my tail housing.

David Kee toploaders also has the tailshaft housings and linkage and install kit

Sometimes I wonder if I should have just stuck with an auto but is fun

Next I will tell you how much fun it is to try and put in the clutch pedal assembly out of a 66 Mustang in a 64 Falcon wagon. I know this place could use a little humor