Thanks, guys!

I went and looked at this car a year and a half ago based on its description of "Road ready and needs nothing".

My brain disconnected from reality when I first saw it. It had been a long, long time since I had gotten excited about any car, but I was like the kid in the movie Christine when he said "Whatever you are asking for her, its not enough".

Well, I got it home and found that it was just plain worn out. Everything had to be replaced or re-done. It had me taking things apart that had me worried that I would never be able to put back together again. It led me to studying carburetor flow volumes, gear ratios, cam shafts, engine weights, compression, torque, horsepower, on and on. It made me understand how the Ford engineers had tried to thread the needle between performance and economy, and why that had caused them to select the particular power train components they did. The original design seemed to me to be perfect, so I tried not to change anything and instead just put everything back the way it was supposed to be.

This car really led me down the rabbit hole over the past year and a half, but it now runs perfectly. Its styling and proportions are (in my opinion) absolutely gorgeous and it is a joy to drive.

1-63 Fords.jpg