Thread: The work begins on the 64 2 door wagon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well here it is several months since my last post and way beyond my Memorial Day completion date (note to self, never set a date). Well after changing out to 65 steering stuff I found out my steering gear box was bad so I had to install another one, it was not as bad of a job as I expected it to be with engine in car, headliner I ordered off of ebay was all wrong so had the wife make one (sure is nice to have a wife that can do that) although it is not perfect it is pretty nice, she also has made the seat cover for the back seat and is working on the bucket seats now.

I had the local glass shop come and put my windshield and rear quarter windows in and was very glad I did as they did an outstanding job and came back after a couple days that I put some heat in the garage to help it set and apply caulking to the outside.

I finally got around to painting the car this was a garage paint job using Omni base coat clear coat system Omni paint is a the lower class line of PPG paint but I upped to the little better quality of Omni base.

Enough rambling and on to a couple pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had a problem with getting gas to carb from the newly installed gas tank and sending unit, I could pour gas down the carb and it would fire until gas ran out, usually this would be sufficient to get gas from tank to carb I had about 5 gallons in the tank. Well I finally took the hose off at tank and ran a fuel line to gas jug under the car and it picked it up right away. Arrrg now I have to pull tank to get sending unit out and see whats up with it not enough room to do it on the car. Well it ended up being the sock on the sending unit was bottomed out on the pick up pipe.

I know someone in China is laughing at a stupid American

Very nice! Like the color. Gets me antsy to get out and drive mine, but for whatever reason it's been a brutal season to get out to any shows. Be sure to post some pics of your wife's handiwork!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

A little more progress made, got the bumpers and lights and grill installed, new window fuzzies and door rubber installed, reupholstered rear seat that wife made installed (she working on the buckets as I type), made some door panels and covered the sill plates, new gauges installed and got the tunes up and going now the stereo is louder than the car.

One step backward though 2 speed windshield wipers dont work, took them out and bench tested it and still no worky so I sent it away for rebuild

Wagon is looking great! Hope you can find a way to get it to the Mini-Meet.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Would love to make it but we are off to Yellowstone for 2 weeks this Saturday but I will make it to a meet up there one of these days, used to go to Cruizin Colby and XXX Root Beer every year with my Maverick now it will be my Falcon I prefer to go to shows that are All Ford.

Heres a pic or 2 of my Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by 642dw View Post
    Would love to make it but we are off to Yellowstone for 2 weeks this Saturday but I will make it to a meet up there one of these days, used to go to Cruizin Colby and XXX Root Beer every year with my Maverick now it will be my Falcon I prefer to go to shows that are All Ford.

Heres a pic or 2 of my Maverick
    We were in Yellowstone in July. Wonderful! If you have the time I highly recommend the Beartooth Highway out the NE entrance. Best part of our three week trip.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)