Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sequim car show

Ok so just to be clear the show is still 9 days away. Not this weekend but the next one, and on Sunday.

Anyway no big deal I just thought someone would like to see the first official unveil of the infamous 5 year Sedan Delivery restoration debut show... Just sayin.

All kidding aside if you can you can if not it's all good. Gas is expensive, work is cutting back and it makes it hard for us to do everything we want so it's time to pick and choose them. Maybe I'll make it over for the meeting on the 14th.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Sequim car show

Carol and I are really sorry we can't be there at the show. We are leaving Tucson to come back home on April 30th and will be back in town around the 5th or 6th depending on how many times we get to play golf on the way home.
    Hope it's a great show and that the weather cooperates.
    My brother and I are going to the ADRA (Arizona Drag Racing Assoc.) races in Phoenix this weekend and my brother joined the ADRA. Not sure he will race yet, still trying to get the car setup for all the requirements.
    I am also looking at some issues before I race my car and I am sure someone in our club knows the answers. ONE. Is there a safe seatbelt system that will fit in a stockish car without having to add a roll bar. (Four Point)??
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Wishing you luck and great weather on your big debut...
    Wish I could be there (and bring those parts I keep talking about...), but my son is graduating from Law school in...New York (and he actually has a job already too)- and so can't miss that.
    "Granddad's falcon" is actually really coming along now too...bottom almost done, suspension almost done...and ready to reinstall, cowl done, welding done. Taking pics, but working too hard in my spare few hours here and there on the car to take time to get caught up and get the pics posted. My other son is graduating from UW soon too...and family is coming to visit...you know what that means- HONEY- DO's. At some point I will do a big catch up kick off of my thread..I only need something like 37,000 more postings to catch up to you!

Have fun!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Just a quick heads up:The show for this weekend looks to be a wash out. They are calling for a 90% chance of rain so save your time and money.. I'm suppose to set up a booth but I dont think Im even going to do that. Tired of being cold and wet. Anyone want to buy a powder coat shop??
    Anyway I do not want to trash my car on its first showing so she is staying home for sure.. Oh well its a long summer, just hope they all don't get rained out...
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

What!! the sun is suppose to shine there more than anywhere in Washington, and now it's going to rain....I think you need to have a word with the weather man....jh

There's a nice show an swap meet here on the right side of the state Sunday.
    We'll be going and its supposed to be nice

75* right now with a light breeze.

Dang. Just looked at the weather 50% chance of t storms...
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Shoulder belts in a hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    Is there a safe seatbelt system that will fit in a stockish car without having to add a roll bar. (Four Point)??
    This is how Ford dealers were installing shoulder belts in Fairlane Hardtops in 1966. They, effectively, put a bolt through the roof and secured it with a big chrome washer. It looks like you might have dented the roof if you pulled hard on the shoulder strap. This is from a Fairlane Club's newsletter.

Fairlane Hardtop Shoulder Harness.jpg
    Last edited by ew1usnr; May 6th, 2014 at 07:03 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Sequim car show

Think I'll pass.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Hmmm, that's one way of doing it I suppose. Probably the only way they could do it that didn't involve welding and ruining the paint??!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Yeah - I thought to myself...

...'if you needed to benefit of having the shoulder straps (due to an accident) then the roof would then be the least of your worries.'

If the headliner wasn't installed, you might have been able to put a bar from one side to the other, bolting it into the same surface the bows go through.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"