Hi-
I met some members in 2006, just after I bought a ’63 convertible, at Golden Gardens. I exchanged some eMails on the old list-serve, but really wasn’t active when the group switched over to the new format (which is very nice by the way!).
Anyway after sitting in the garage for a year I was thinking about selling the vehicle, but our youngest boy has been a trooper and repeatedly told me he wants to drive the car when he is older…so I had it towed to a garage where they got it all mechanically sound. I will be picking it up Wednesday, but then…?
The car needs some body work: rear 1/4 panels, and such. I searched the forum and came across Elhot Metal Fabrication. I’m happy to order the body panels, but can anyone pass along the name of a reasonably priced shop that works on older cars.
I could really use the advice of those who have been down this road before with regard to bodywork, paint, trim and a windshield (of all things). The car could also be used for group projects like prepping for paint and trim installation if people are interested in that kind of activity. Time is not an issue (but I’d like to be at Golden Gardens in ’08)…but unfortunately space is: we have a single garage and no level ground. But we throw a mean barbq!
I have a short list of needed items that I will post over the weekend.
Thanks again for any suggestions you can throw my way,
Lawrence