Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the wife's fault!!!

Steve,
    I might be sending you some tin, once I get them sandblasted..
    I need to set up my parts washer still and get solvent for it.

I'm thinking of buying a sand blast cabinet.. cheapo harbor freight unit.
    They had a huge Easter sale online and I could have bought the $300 unit for 50% off.
    Problem is I have no place to put it..

Thanks again for the help guys
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    Roger, I'm not complaining...
    Good, I'll see if I can find some other stuff I don't know what is and send it over with Gene next time he goes over there. I'll clear out this mess sooner or later. And Spokane has so much more empty space!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a sand blast cabinet.. cheapo harbor freight unit.
    I did that last year - it is cheapo all right. It blasts fine, but sand comes out of ever nook and cranny. If you get it - and before you put sand in it - dissassemble and silicone all the seams. Or at the very least silicone them from the inside or outside. I stopped using mine because it is making a huge mess - and fine sand is not what you want floating around your garage.

And the method of applying the glass protector from the inside with adhesive tape, that is getting re-engineered too when I get to reworking it. That's darn near impossible to do.

You do get what you pay for - that's for sure. But it's a good start if you do the work to it before using it. Now, for me, I got to clean it all up thoroughly before I can do that - and then may have to have Steve powder coat it. (Just kidding Steve).
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Yup just did all of Rogers wagon stuff I believe but I guess I did the flarechero stuff too. But yes I do.
    That red is probably too red and needs a little orange in it - but it's vivid! You can see it in my wagon pics.

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...8&postcount=15

The first two pics here show more orangy - but the third pic is more the red it is. It's really nice though.

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...9&postcount=20
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; May 22nd, 2014 at 11:17 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Roger,

I opened that transmission today and wow. It looks pretty new inside.

Lately its just been cleaning. Nothing new to report
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

For giggles today I put a battery in it to check the electrics.
    lights all work. Horn works. No idea if gauges work.

Power rear window no work.

Got power to dash switch. Didnt check if getting power out of it.
    checked lift motor it works.

The tailgate switch has been bypassed. (Switch that tells if gate is down)
    Discovered I dont have keys for tailgate.*

I manually put the window all the way down and fixed the tracks and rollers.

I need some window weld to glue window back in the bottom channel.

Need to figure out how to key the back tailgate lock window switch

Need to figure out the goofed up window wiring and why it doesnt work.

There is a circuit breaker in the wiring in the rear of car by the tail gate. Wire goes to it but nothing out of it. Im certain the wiring is boogered up, that's evident from the bypassed switch.

Later
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Nathan let me see if I can find the diagram we found for mine. It is a very goofy setup. I do know that circuit breaker resets itself cause I popped mine a few times getting mine all lines up.
    That swith on the side needs to be closed for the window to go up, but it should go down even if that switch is bad. I know Roger and Brian played around with mine quite a bit maybe they have a copy of that wiring.
    Also I think in my spare parts I kept one or two of those tailgate window switches. I'll check tonight and see. That way if you need one you won't have to search too far.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Attached is a photo of my switch.
    I'm fixing the wiring and testing it.

Also attached is a picture of the new spare tire an wheel in the compartment.
    I'll post a picture of the circuit breaker attached to nothing after my phone charges.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nathan289; May 27th, 2014 at 02:19 PM.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

I found the wiring online and I think the "big book of wiring" I found at a garage sale has this schematic too. Brian also posted it in a thread - I think Steve's big one. It is a pretty wacky setup, but made sense after staring a while at it. Can't tell you now exactly why. I do know, for testing, you can bypass that limit switch.

Also, these wagon hatch parts still pop up on ebay once in a while. I bought a NOS limit switch a few months ago (was NOT cheap @ $80 plus shipping!), because I'm slowly collecting all the bits to convert my wagon... someday, maybe. I just like the handle outside too much and would need to do something similar to what I rigged up to pop the doors on Gene's car - using micro switches and rigging the outside handle to activate these with 1/4-turn movements, or something. Happening Real Soon Now. Or I may sell it all and leave well enough alone. IDK. I have it all now to do... less the motivation to do another WIAT project.

Also, I did rebuild Steve's limit switch while we were in Sequim mucking with it that day. The biggest issue with these is when the double-D shaft elongates the hole in the lever and everything gets all sloppy. Weld or peen as needed. Just be careful if you weld on it. Steve's arm was also bent a lot, which required increasing the adjustment slots to get more rotation out of it. Internally, it's simple. Clean the contacts and regrease it - if it's not 100% toast.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"