Thread: Poor babies.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Daily Driving

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    I fixed those MG's in the gutters of New York City, on the open roads of New Jersey, in the bitter cold of Northeast winters...
    Overall though, if I had to choose one over ANY car on earth, I choose my Falcon.
    Hello, Wilbur. My wife and I just came back from a 9-day vacation to Albany, Saratoga Springs, and Manhattan. We flew, we didn't drive The Wonder Falcon. Maybe next time?

It is a 24-mile round trip for my drive to work, and I work 7:30 - 4:30 so as to avoid the worst of the morning and afternoon rush. I have a choice of three parallel 45 mph speed limit routes that are all about the same distance and that allows me to avoid the streets where there is construction, The roads are level with either four or six lanes with light to moderate traffic, and I LOVE driving my Falcon to work. I ordered a lot of parts off e-bay to put this car back to its original configuration and repaired/replaced almost everything on it, but now it runs marvelously and just like the Ford engineers intended it to. It starts instantly, idles smoothly, runs cool and quiet, tracks straight, steers easily, stops quickly, and accelerates nicely and without hesitation. My Ford-O-Matic transmission performs wonderfully in traffic and the suspension provides a smooth and comfortable ride. The car is so much fun to drive that it turns my routine morning and afternoon commutes into joy rides.

Plus, a mid-twenty year old girl at work told me that my car was "bitchin'". Wow! That was the first time that anyone said that a car of mine was "bitchin'"!
    Last edited by ew1usnr; July 19th, 2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)