Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: car shows

I wish I could have come over for both but a three hour trip one way can only be done once a weekend. Me and the delivery are making our falcon club debute tomorrow hope to see all of you there.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

was that your ranchero?? I walked all around it. was under the hood, checking the dash.. headliner, etc. there were empty chairs behind it. guess you must have been exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    There haven't been many of us show up at the Maltby show at the same time, but would be nice if we could show up together.
    The Maltby show is this Saturday! Is there still some interest in it, and do we want to meet ahead and go in together? There is a defunct Shell gas station on Paradise Lake road right at SR522 which is just a block from the church. We could meet there.
    Show starts at 9:00; registration/check-in opens at 7:00.
    Last edited by MacDee; June 12th, 2014 at 02:28 PM.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

car shows

I will be there unless it's real bad weather. Sounds like showers so believe I will go.. Not sure what time I am going in so won't try to meet at a specific time. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I'm registered, but will post early Saturday if I'll make it. Meeting up at the station is fine - what time Gary if that's the plan? 8AM, 8:30, or right at 9AM?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Meeting up at the station is fine - what time Gary if that's the plan? 8AM, 8:30, or right at 9AM?
    8:30 sounds good to me. I'll get to the [defunct] gas station a little beforehand and wait to see who shows up.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Very steady rain so will be home staying dry today. If I had the ranchero I'd go, but my wagon I keep dry if possible. If anyone goes, enjoy.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I concur and am doing the same thing. Too bad, I was looking forward to this one.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

car shows

I wish you guys would have come along. It sprinkled for just a short period of 30 minutes then was dry and even had a little sun at the end. Here are some pictures.
    I decided to put my car on the dyno and it did great. I had the highest horsepower of any of the cars tested and it ran perfect. 332 RWHP with 338 torque and 137MPH at 6200RPM's in 4th gear.
    I fully expected that a cobra would beat mine, and then when a Dodge 440 six pack didn't beat it I was satisfied.
    My car won "Best Chrome" and "Participants Choice" so it was a fun day and never thought the dyno would be that much fun but there were some guys there from the club and they can attest it ran and sounded very good. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Nice job! Looks like you were having too much fun on the dyno!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I think your smile in the second photo says it all! Nice work.

I had never seen a portable dyno like that. Looks like a good time all around.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    ...some guys there from the club and they can attest it ran and sounded very good. Larry
    I will attest to THAT!! Larry's car sounded AWESOME! And, as always, it LOOKED awesome, too! A proud day for the Falcon... and a proud day for the Club!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

That is too bad. We pretty much watched the rain coming down all day and who'd a thunk it would have been better weather just a few miles east of here.

Good job Larry - glad I wasn't there to walk away with some of those awards instead of you.

Naw- you'll be getting a lot of those. Good thing you have a large basement with lots of wall space.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"