Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini-Regional Goodie Bags - Donations Needed!

Mini-Regional Goodie Bags - Donations Needed!

At the meeting, we decided to start a couple of new threads (which I will make stickies) so as not to muck up the other Mini-Regional thread.

We are putting together 50 bags filled with...goodies! Something that might be of interest to a vintage car buff, restaurant coupons, widgets, schwag, you name it. Maybe you or someone in your family works for a company that has a small product or offer you can donate.

Griot's is supplying an 8 oz. sample of one of their car care products. At the meeting, Don had a source (son?) who said they could donate a baseball cap and the actual bag! My wife works for a promotional marketing company and she's going to ask them to donate something that we get to pick.

But...we need a grand organizer of all this. In the other thread, Steve mentioned this might be doable for him. Steve...still interested? I don't want to put you on the spot so if you're overloaded with something else going on, I'm sure someone can take this on.

I'm envisioning the person would keep a list of what's been volunteered. Then keep in contact with the person donating to make sure they come through. And then make sure it all ends up in Tacoma on show day. You can assemble that morning before 10:00 or maybe try and get things shipped to you so it's done early.

So discuss! And if you have a small item or offer you can donate, this would be the place to post it.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Kenny I'm on board. I've had a little experience with this before so I have a plan already. I'll touch base with you and the powers that be before I start the process. I think we can do well and hopefully spark a whole lot of new interest in th club and nationally as well. Let the fun begin.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Well I guess I've stuck my foot in now. Looks like I will be your main donation supervisor??
    So anyone that might have an idea or some thing to contribute to our efforts, get in touch with me and over the next week or so I am compiling a list of possible vendors and sponsors that might be able to help make our event a success.
    Don if you are still on board let me know and maybe between the two of us we can push this deal forward.
    I think we are going to use 50 cars as our base number, so if the are any things we need in quantity we should shoot for that IE: bags, business card, and smaller schwag type stuff. As for larger raffle items or door prizes I guess the more the merrier.
    As always any ideas, help or suggestions are welcome. Thanks and we will be posting soon. Steve
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Almost forgot! We did get a donation for the raffle at the swap meet. It's a hex/torx socket set donated by a gentleman from BC Canada. Sorry, I forget his name.

I had it marked so I'm hoping Roger grabbed it when packing up.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

And I will donate a basket of whole coffee beans, instant VIA coffee, and some tea. One of the "perks" of working for Starbucks is a free coffee or tea per week so I can save up for a couple of months and make something nice.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    I had it marked so I'm hoping Roger grabbed it when packing up.
    You mean that wasn't for me?

OK, I'll give it back.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    One of the "perks" of working for Starbucks is a free coffee or tea per week...
    So you're saying we really should have about 3 or 4 employee's worth of Starbucks raffle donations...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"