Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini-Regional Goodie Bags - Donations Needed!

Nope just a thought. I mentioned it to him and he was ok with it. Nothing in stone. You run with it and I'll focus on my list of vendors. Thanks for letting me know.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Just pinging this to the top again.

Don dropped off the O'Rielly bags and caps at the BCC show, so that's the start of the goodie bags. Thanks Don and son! We are still in need of other items, about 50 of each, so please ask around locally and see if you can come up with anything. Let's not all assume others are going to take care of this. You Starbucks people, maybe Starbucks schwag? I'm trying to get something from UPS, where Lila works, but so far looking like only Raffle item quantities.

As Kenny said to me yesterday, we are down to 14 weeks! so if you volunteered at a meeting to make some calls, or know where 50 of something is - cool car like - let us know!

Kenny has been working feverishly, as has Joanna, to get artwork, flyers, postcards done. Thanks! I'm just wrapping up a mail to the FCA to get notice in the newsletter (awaiting high-res material). That I'll send tonight.

Let's all be present and aware of the date and make this a great show.

Thanks!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    So you're saying we really should have about 3 or 4 employee's worth of Starbucks raffle donations...
    Just saw this... Yes you can count on me for a Coffee Basket...

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Ok here is my latest update: I have emailed several of our Falcon supply houses and gotten a very good response. So I ask that no one contact any vendor unless you check with me first please. We don't want to bombard these guys with emails from several different people.
    I have commitments from some of them already and they will be mailing the items directly to me and I will keep the club officers informed of what is coming in.
    If you have contact info for companies you want me to contact that I may not have thought about send me a pm or post it here and I will reach out to them with our information. Ok thanks everyone and let's make this a Falcon event to remember.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Obvious vendor might be FalconParts.com and you've mentioned the others already in your PM's. Most might be willing to send a couple of raffle items, but may also send postcards, pens, and other assorted "branded" trinkets. Of these we need 50 or so of each. One for each goodie bag.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Falcon parts has been contacted. I can put a list up if you like? I add to it every day so it would be an ongoing thing.
    I've hit all the obvious one, especially if you do a search for falcon parts. I'm going to send off to summit, and Jegs. Probably hit Willwood, SSBC, maybe scare bird? Global west etc etc.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Scarebird might be a good one, considering they are still using my hands and Gary's McD's car online as models for their Falcon setup.

No need to list it all here - leave some of it as surprises.

We ought to make you an officer of the club and then you can access the secret site. All in favor?

What title to give you? Hmmm. Head of Appropriations. How does that sound?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

How about captain BS'er!

I can keep you posted on the detail through pm or however you want to do it but I will be diligently working on this up to the event. Would love to see this go down real well.
    Last edited by doghows; June 25th, 2014 at 08:42 AM.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

How about Eastwood? For our restoration needs
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

I'm definitely in favor. I'll even campaign for him. He's Brave, Loyal, Reverent, Friendly, Clean, but I don't know about Thrifty.
    Last edited by SmithKid; June 4th, 2014 at 02:02 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Well just a quick update for all of you.. Got commitments from several vendors sending us some door prizes and raffles, but its tough this year. I think we started a little late as far as raffles go. Most of the vendors say they have already given out or commited to other events and don't have anything left in their budget this year..
    However that being said I know we have several of our club members stepping up with items they have made or their company's make. I will be donating several gift certificates for powder coating myself, so if you or your company have anything that you might be able to give to help us make this event a great success please contact me or one of the club officers and let us know. Thanks everyone for your support!!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Thanks Steve!

Thanks for all you are doing Steve. I'm sure once you have everything in your possession you have committed to you, and we have a chance to tally it all up, there still may be room in the budget to purchase some of the more grand prizes. We'll be fine.

I'm making a nice pile at my place as well, and got a few donations from UPS, thanks to Lila.

Keep your eyes open at garage sales too, if you see any. Nifty items show up at these all the time. Vintage goodies.

If anyone has any left-over project goodies (AKA Parts) they want to donate, we can allow for attendees to choose their raffle item and maybe get that upgrade they are needing. I expect to have a pretty good pile of this sort of thing.

So again, thanks Steve, but everyone else keep your eyes open. Leave the "calling of vendors" to Steve, so their is only one voice from the club calling around (post your suggestion here, as always), but looking for things in your local community, or garage, is a resource everyone can participate in.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"