Thread: Truck V8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    And if you would like the (289 4v) engine, all you have to do is come pick it up and it's yours. The P/O said it was solid but I don't plan to do anything with it. it was numbers matching for a car I recently sold.

If nothing else, the heads are worth something but I really don't want to mess with it.

I've got a picker at the house so if you come with a truck or a trailer, we can load it easily and off you go. I live right near Boeing in S. Everett.

Reed Smith

Truck V8

Thanks I will come pick it up. When do you want me to come by, and if you want to call me my cell phone is 425-359-8521. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    Thanks I will come pick it up. When do you want me to come by, and if you want to call me my cell phone is 425-359-8521. Larry
    Sounds good. I work from home and am not traveling this week so most anything can work. Will be around all day tomorrow and home in the evening tomorrow as well.

I'll give you a call tomorrow to set something up.

/Reed

Ah man... I wanted that motor.

But happy Larry is getting it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Larry -

Just so you know I was yanking Reed's chain in relationship with this motor. I was offered it as well (since I've been building his Mustang(s) for him), but I never committed one way or the other to taking this motor off his hands. Have had way too many irons in the fire to give it much thought. Current projects took precedent over future [gosh, what will I/could I do with that] projects.

Suffice it to say I am very-much OK with this arrangement and just wanted to needle Reed a little with my last post, because I never did say 'yea' or 'nay' to the offer. I know you'll put it to use long before I ever would. I may have some left-over bits from my 289 build if you want them. I know I have a semi-radical cam collecting dust. Not sure what else.

Anyway, didn't want anyone [hind-sight being 20/20 as it is] to think I was bummin' - 'cause I'm not remotely so.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"