Thread: Autolite 1100 Carburator parts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Autolite 1100 Carburator parts

Hello,

Anyone have extra metering jets/ main jets for an Autolite 1100?

I was thinking I could improve the performance of my Carb and make the engine come alive, by cleaning the Jet with a drill bit and making it bigger.

Well the engine runs rich, to the point that if I let it idle longer than 2 minutes it loads up the plugs stumbles and acts like its going to stall. I rev the engine and it clears up.

I also have to have the idle at 1000 rpms to keep the engine idling smooth. Anything lower and it seems to load up and stall.

I'm hoping its just my main jet issue.. otherwise its something else in the carb, maybe distributor.. hmm wondering if the advance is sticking.

the Jet number I'm looking for is stamped 59F anyone have one?
    If not I think I know where I can buy one.

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Nathan,

I've got quite a few 1100's I collected to try and make one good one for someone else, so may have one I can send you. Maybe you can make a list as of today of things you still need and I can finally get that care package. I've had these two lighters for you to pick from, but finally took a picture this weekend to ask you which of them you might really need.

These 1100's have a lot of funky attributes, so hopefully you get it going well. Is this one an auto or manual choke model?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger,

My Autolite 1100 is a manual choke model. Engine runs well, except for the idle is around 1000 rpms. I can set it at 800 rpms and it will run fine for a while, but then loads up and then dies. If I pull the plugs after it dies they're covered in soot.
    If I lean out the idle mixture it won't idle well at all.

So I'm pretty sure I goobered up the main jet when I thought I'd be sly and make it a little bit bigger.. bad mistake.

I've tried different timing, anywhere from 6* to 12* BTDC and it doesn't seem to matter much. Though the temp gauge stays a little cooler with it set around 10* over having it set at 6*.

Things I need..

Manual shift collar, again.. why are these things always trashed?
    63 grill, haven't called Steve Avery yet
    Spare tire cover
    Dash pad
    Everything in the interior. Bucket seat foam, headliner, door panels, carpet, seat covers. All of it.

Windshield washer foot pump (thinking this might be why wipers don't work.) Haven't looked into it yet.
    Heater switch that isn't broken.. the switch works, the cable is loose.
    Squires wood trim pieces. Right fender, right front passenger door upper trim piece.

Driver's front toe board and passenger side front floor pan. Why do I buy cars that need floors?

Funny how the car is a deluxe squire wagon, but it has plain dash knobs no inserts. It has plain arm rests not the ones with stainless trim.

Figured it would have all the bling and it doesn't. Just the chrome strip for the dash pad.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    Roger,

My Autolite 1100 is a manual choke model. Engine runs well, except for the idle is around 1000 rpms. I can set it at 800 rpms and it will run fine for a while, but then loads up and then dies. If I pull the plugs after it dies they're covered in soot. If I lean out the idle mixture it won't idle well at all.
    I have a couple cores of this type. Can rebuild one for you cheap if you need it.

So I'm pretty sure I goobered up the main jet when I thought I'd be sly and make it a little bit bigger.. bad mistake.
    I will look tomorrow night (gotta climb into my loft) and see what I can find. As I recall all of mine were marked as 59..

Things I need..

· Manual shift collar, again.. why are these things always trashed?
    · 63 grill, haven't called Steve Avery yet
    · Spare tire cover
    · Dash pad
    · Everything in the interior. Bucket seat foam, headliner, door panels, carpet, seat covers. All of it.
    · Windshield washer foot pump (thinking this might be why wipers don't work.) Haven't looked into it yet.
    · Heater switch that isn't broken.. the switch works, the cable is loose.
    · Squires wood trim pieces. Right fender, right front passenger door upper trim piece.
    · Driver's front toe board and passenger side front floor pan. Why do I buy cars that need floors?
    I don't have much of any of that stuff. The heater switch, I might, but those are like gold and fail far too easily. Repops are Repoopy at best. Someone needs to make a decent reproduction.

I have a couple ww-pumps, but they are very specific to years and models and even mine, which I added to the wagon years ago, doesn't connect to the wiper motor wiring. Never tried to figure it out. I do know you can unplug all that and go direct from w-switch to the wiper motor to determine if that's the issue. I assume you have electric one-speed wipers and not vacuum?

Funny how the car is a deluxe squire wagon, but it has plain dash knobs no inserts. It has plain arm rests not the ones with stainless trim. Figured it would have all the bling and it doesn't. Just the chrome strip for the dash pad.
    So I take it then your knobs don't have the chrome insert. OK. Do you still need the glove-box catches?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"