Thread: Out for a spin.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wheels & Tires

Quote Originally Posted by MacDee View Post
    When I installed my front disc brakes, I had to convert to 14" wheels. The 185/70-14 tires I got are EXACTLY the same diameter as my original 6.00 X 13's.
    I didn't want to lose the look of the wire wheel covers, so I found a 14" set on e-bay. Turns out they were from a '63 Galaxie. I just swapped in the center "knock-offs" from my 13" wheel covers. Voila! Fourteen-inch Falcon wire wheel covers!
    Hello, Gary.

That was a good idea. You have an exceptionally nice looking car.

The weather forecast this morning said 20% chance of rain. I flew The Wonder Falcon to work and ... it rained at 3:00 and ... it rained again at 4:45 as I was driving back home.

But any day that I get to drive my Falcon is a good one!

I just maintained plenty of room between me and the car ahead so that I would not have to stop suddenly and possibly slide.

The car starts instantly, with a satisfying deep "VaROOM!" It tracks so perfectly that I can take my hands off the wheel and it continues traveling straight. While moving, it steers so lightly that it can be guided with one fingertip. When stopped at red lights the engine idles so smoothly and quietly that it almost seems not to be running. Every time I drive it, I think "Gosh, this is nice!".
    Last edited by ew1usnr; July 20th, 2015 at 06:32 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)