Thread: Out for a spin.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We Overcame Adversity

I cut the heater hose and bypassed the heater. The temperature dropped to around 50 on the drive up to Ocala and my wife and I were both wearing our jackets.

The 21st Ford and Mustang Roundup was really something.
    Silver Springs 2015.jpg

There were boat loads of cars there.
    1-DCP_0078.jpg

I heard that seventeen Falcons had attended.
    1-DCP_0165.jpg

They had the 50 millionth and 100 millionth Fords: A 59 Ford and a 79 Fairmont Futura.
    1-DCP_0095.jpg

I really liked this 1950 Ford. It is such a nice looking little car. The owner said that he had kept it completely stock, including its original flathead V-8 and 6 volt electrical system. He said that everything worked just fine. I love the round shape and proportions of those cars and the style of the chrome grill. The styling of the early Falcons was (in my opinion) more reminiscent of this car than of the Fords of the second half of the 1950's.
    2-DCP_0127.jpg

I liked this guy's 1925 Model-T. I asked if he had trailered it the show. He said "No", he had driven it. He fired it up Saturday morning and drove it 35 miles from Dunellon to Silver Springs. That would have been a blast. I wish that I could have ridden with him.
    2-DCP_0135.jpg

My wife and I took a glass bottom boat ride on the Silver River. This little Florida Alligator wanted me to pass his best wishes to all the good folks in Washington State.
    1-DCP_0108.jpg
    Last edited by ew1usnr; January 12th, 2015 at 05:13 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Looks like pretty nice weather to me! And I really like those '50 Fords too. Especially the jade green color in laquer. Don't know what the real name of that color is but my wife collects jadite glassware and she always points them out.

That frame around the photo for the car show looks like a good idea for our Mini-Regional Show! We'll have to have Joanna add that to her design tasks and figure out how we can get people to wait in line for photo ops next year!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Photo

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    We'll have to have Joanna add that to her design tasks and figure out how we can get people to wait in line for photo ops next year!
    Hello, Kenny.

All the in-bound cars were directed down one street and a person took pictures as each car passed. They arranged the photographs in order from the time at which they were taken. A person could later quickly find the picture of their car, as long as they knew the approximate time that they arrived. They had a booth set up where you could get your picture made into a plaque, a magnetic refrigerator ornament, a key chain fob, or prints of different sizes.

Later, Dennis.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

I love the two guys behind the Model A smiling at, what I guess is your wife taking the picture. Friends of yours or just comedians?

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

My first 10,000 miles!

I have driven my Falcon over 10,000 miles! I am doing the happy banna dance:

The odometer read 16687.9 when I bought the car on 7/07/2012 and it passed 26688 while I drove to work this morning. This car is so fun to drive that it has made my daily commute to and from work something to look forward to.

Special 10,000 mile commemorative photos of my car when I got to work this morning. It is parked next to (from left to right) a Toyota Camry, Nissan Maxima, Toyota Prius, and a Mazda:
    1 Left Rear.jpg

2 Back.jpg

Closeup of my new magnetic bumper sticker:
    3 Bumper Sticker Close.jpg

The first 10,000 miles were a challenge. The car was just worn out when I got it and I had to repair almost everything. Maybe the next 10,000 miles will be easier and all I will have to do is change the oil and rotate the tires!
    Last edited by ew1usnr; April 23rd, 2015 at 02:33 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"