Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mini Regional

Thanks Steve & Gene.

I've got quite a few raffle things and will be making another hub-cap lamp or two (probably last-minute) but should have plenty to offer from my "loft".
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    If the artwork can be supplied to me, I'll handle the printing and mailing.
    I looked at the previous artwork and it looked good to me.
    Gene, What I have linked is the same art I'd be giving you. The printer could probably just download it or you can bring with on a flash drive. The web banner art could probably be "stretched to fit" a 3x5 postcard without anything more to do.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

The labels are just MS Word docs so there shouldn't be an OS issue unless it's a really old version of Word. I would have to go up and buy some more 30 per sheet address labels. Whoever is interested in taking this on, let me know and I'll send the files. If they open up, great. If not I can get labels and print them and bring to the meeting.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Kenny, send me the files. I may even have some labels left from when my daughter was on a swim team. I hafta check. I have a pretty new version of Word, so that shouldn't be a problem. Do you still have my email addy?

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Kathy and I have verified that we have the Raffle supplies here. If you have items ready by May 13th meeting, we can take them then.

I request items for goodie bags from my son at O'Reillys and this is what the answer was "I'll have can cozies pens pencils and possibly cooler bags and keychains available in that quantity. Plus T-shirt bags if needed."

I have been to Harbor Freight and got some smalls for the raffle also.

Don B

Awesome thanks for the update Don. I'll continue in my search for larger prizes and I will have some stuff from my shop as well.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

I think we're doing pretty good in that department from this report. That's good.

Larger vendors would be nice, but I guess DogHows Powder Coating is the best vendor anyway, so who needs the others.

I'll be bringing most of my stuff direct to the mini, I think. I'm not so sure I'll have the time by the 13th of May to get into my loft and dig through all my bins, but I'm going to try. I need to pull out stuff for the swap meet which is only two days later anyway. It's just that crazy for me right now. Daily I ask myself whether I should stop at the grocery store and buy food and then cook it - or get fast food. The answer seems to be... Hmmm, I could get that one extra part installed tonight if I could just save that much time.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

2015 Mini Regional

I was on-line talking to a planner of a car show I went to in Tucson, about providing food. He tells me they used to cook and sell/provide food for donations. But, they heard horror stories of law suits that people blamed them for bad food. It was from a couple of mountain biking groups. They couldn't prove that the food wasn't bad, so that was the issue. Before they decided to discontinue they checked with their insurance provider and were told that if they went through their local health department and got the proper licenses there probably wouldn't be any issues. PROBABLY scares me. That is why they hold their show in a restaurant parking lot now.
    So in my honest opinion, those of you who felt it wasn't a good idea, are probably right.So say ye???
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Maybe you can look around (on Google) for Tacoma-based food catering trucks who might be willing to come and park. Perhaps the don't charge for the service but get paid by selling their wares. Wishful thinking anyway.

I think it would be nice to keep people at the venue as opposed to sending them off down the street to get food. We do have two bar-b-q racks there too, so people can probably bring their own stuff to grill if they knew about that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"