Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving Granddad's Falcon

Is this what you need or are you set?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post
    ...Meanwhile, i got the drivers door panel out which looks like it will fit perfect but ran out of time to put it on. They both seem very snug in the channels. Can anyone point me to a tutorial somewhere online on how to put these things on without messing them up? I swear I've seen one before but searched the forum and youtube and can't seem to find anything now. ...
    If they are snug in the channels you may want to consider tweaking the channels open a little if you can do it without damaging the finish. Maybe a stiff putty knife would be enough to pry it open a little.

You will need to be able to slide the panels into the channels from the latch side. Use a broom handle placed between panels and door frame to bow the panel out in the middle and work it over the window crank (handle removed of course) as you slide toward the hinge side.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Those are the ones Jeff!
    I bought one on eBay and already asked the guy if he has two more...still waiting for a response.
    You willing to give those up? How do you have extra?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Hi Don, as long as your dues are paid up, I will gladly give them to you - one of the benefits of membership
    Let me know if you need me to USPS or bring to the meeting or swap meet for a hand-off.

Why do I have them? I have a small stash of parts for emergencies, nothing like Roger's as I don't have the room. Getting your car on the road before father's Day qualifies.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Hey - I'm way out of room too! No more storage space! I use the roof of the wagon as storage space!

Have fun with those door panels Don. I had to use a closet rod (1.5" dowel, uh hum, I mean pole) as a means to get enough curve into the panel to get the two ends into the upper and lower tracks. Once into the tracks, top and bottom, slowly work the pole out and get all the clips into the holes and finally snap it in. And hopefully not, like me, have the window track clip pop off and have to pull it all apart again!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Mann....3 weeks of falcon withdrawal. I was sent on assignment to Burlington Ontario. Back for Memorial Day weekend with the family. looks like my Canadian assignment is going to be a quite a while, but not so long that I'm moving the falcon. I have another trip or two back home this summer so I hope I can get her driving....so close!

Jeff, the eBay guy did send me three of the long door lock buttons...good to go there. Now I just need to finish the doors! Thanks very much for your offer.

Meanwhile, hopefully I can find some Car shows up there with some Canadian falcons- the Frontenac.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Wow! The Frontenac was made only in 1961, and in Oakville, Ontario! At the ford plant there! That ford plant Is just about 10 miles down the highway from where I will be working. We supply the CHMSL to that plant for the Ford Edge and one of the Lincoln models made there today. CHMSL is center high middle stop light.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Frontenac
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

What?.. Burlington Ontario where I will be living has a falcon club!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Ontario Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post
    What?.. Burlington Ontario where I will be living has a falcon club!
    Hello, Don.

E-mail them and let them know when you will be there. I am sure that they would be flattered by your interest. I would love to see a group photograph of their Frontenacs.

I am looking forward to seeing a video of you backing your pretty little red Falcon sedan out of the garage and driving off down the street.

Dennis.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Maiden voyage?

Hi Guys...Falcon day!
    I'm finally back home for a week and two weekends in September.

Better yet I have permission to dedicate Saturday September the 17th as a falcon day to try and "finish" Ganddads falcon.
    The two goals are:

Door locks on two doors and door panels installed on four doors.

Clutch and shifting adjustment...if I'm not able to get it done the week before.

I can't wait, and if any of you club members, especially all of you my board of directors for this project over the last three years are available to lend a hand....MAYBE the maiden voyage can happen on the 17th. Pm me to let me know if you can make it so I can buy plenty of donuts.:
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Sorry Don, I've been otherwise indisposed - as apparently everyone else has been too.

Sadly the month of September is always bad for me, but I'm also 'stuck' helping a friend with a kitchen/bath remodel, which is making it that much harder a month for me. We're also having to shift the club meeting a week early to accommodate me making the meeting. So as much as I'd really like to be there, far more than where and what I'm already locked into, I'm not going to be available this month at all.

I hope some of the rest of you can find a day to go help Don reach his goal.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"