Thread: New Member

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello folks, I am the newest member of this forum and I thought I should introduce myself and provide a little bit of background on myself. I recently acquired a 1966 ford Falcon 2 door sedan with base level of equipment. I got the Falcon from Barnfind Classics in Mount Vernon. The car has a strong base, the floor pans have been replaced, it has a new windshield and for the most part just needs TLC. This car has the 200 CID 6 and 3 speed on the column standard transmission. My intentions on this Falcon is to keep it ORIGINAL and to only do modifications to improve safety of the car.

For for a bit history on myself, I work at a major aerospace company in Everett, Washington doing the interiors on aircraft and I have for the last 27 years. Before and during my time at work I was in the U.S. Air Force active duty for 12 years and then another 13 in the Air force Reserve. I originally trained in the Air Force as a vehicle mechanic and then retrained into aircraft after the first 3 years during my Air Force time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1966 Falcon

Hello, Michael.

Welcome, aboard! That's a sharp little car. I like the two-tone paint job and the original hubcaps.

Dennis.

2-UAW Pride.jpg
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Nice Falcon Mike! Welcome to the group. It's good to see the post-`65 birds getting some TLC. There's another guy, Curt, who works at Boeing and has a REALLY nice (and about as stock as you can get) `67. We caravaned to the Nationals one year and I see him at shows occasionally. He may have some good parts source connections if you ever need them.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I also work at Boeing. I kind of avoid mention to them. I have the hubcaps off to clean them, someone used brush paint on the wheels and left the hubcaps on the Falcon. I got all the paint off and now I am using a paint stick to restore the areas that were black after 48 and half years the black was missing in most areas. After I finish I goint to shot them with clear.
    1966 Ford Falcon 2 Door Base with Straight 6 and 3 on Tree

Does Anyone Know Where Sedro-Woolley is?

Looks like a great start for you. Welcome to the forum, it's nice to see another of the forgotten Falcons. Hope to see you at an event soon.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Looks like a great start for you. Welcome to the forum, it's nice to see another of the forgotten Falcons. Hope to see you at an event soon.
    I like it, I am going after the simple issues right now. Since I am off until Monday, I made a run down to the parts store and got a 14" positive battery cable (car had a 36" negative cable on the positive side), J-bolts for the battery hold down, 2 front universal seat belts.

I do have a issue with the carb, someone decided to hook up a manual choke to and now the choke is stuck open the cable is absolutely use less also the car tends to lean out and hesitates when ever I put a load on the engine as in start up from a stop. I goose the throttle a bit and slip the clutch and she finally takes off. I am going to drive the car much until I get the carb issues fixed as I do not want to burn out the clutch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Mikeske!
    Welcome to the forum. Nice looking falcon!...I'm not the most mechanical one in the group by any means, but my carb acted the same way when I first got my car- I thought the choke was broken, BUT, after some carb cleaner AND driving it with fresh gas for a few miles, the problem miraculously went away.

Good luck!

Jeff.....where are you? Do your thing on the brakes....
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post

Jeff.....where are you? Do your thing on the brakes....
    Surely anyone so well versed in aircraft maintenance, repair and redundant systems would have "conversion to dual master cylinder" toward the top of the list. I didn't think I would need to mention it...

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    Surely anyone so well versed in aircraft maintenance, repair and redundant systems would have "conversion to dual master cylinder" toward the top of the list. I didn't think I would need to mention it...
    I will be doing the conversion to dual master cylinder and possibly disc front rear drums and converting possibly to 14 inch wheels and tires. Just going to take time and resources. I first off have to get the car running properly first and then I will be the rest as the dollars needed will be later.

I am also hunting for a Autolite single barrel hot air carb. The issues are standard auto part places want from $220.00 to the sky for a rebuilt carb.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum. There are a great bunch of folks here. Looks like you found a nice ride!
    I do have a timing light and a older Craftsman analyzer if you need to borrow one. I'm in Marysville on your way home
    Last edited by BillP 98201; January 8th, 2015 at 09:08 AM.
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

There should be a 1/4" hole in the top of the exhaust manifold for the tube. And HELP! makes a kit with tube, insulator material, fittings - as well as a cup to clamp the exhaust pipe to add it to a car someone added headers to - for not too much money.

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-HELP-03...%21+choke+tube
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"