Mike-

Sorry I missed this.

The 66 was a full departure from the 60-65 models, which had a lot in common under the skin. In a way the 66 has better potential being a slightly larger car under the hood. You can get a bigger motor in it, for instance, without hacking as much.

In general the biggest improvements didn't arrive for the car until '67 when all the cars got safety features, but the good thing is that most, if not all, were bolt-in improvements you could apply to the earlier models. Not sure if this is true for the 66 or not, but if the 67 had shoulder belts, the 66 may have been prepped for them - though Ford didn't install them until they had to. You might want to peek under the headliner for a hidden threaded hole.

The Scarebird disc-brake kit Gary did (as did I) on our Falcons (his a 63, mine a 65) may be a different kit for the '66, but I have little doubt a kit is available to do it. I liked it due to readily available and affordable replacement parts. It was all off-the-shelf parts; like, Nissan rotors, Caviler calipers, etc. Modifying the hubs was the biggest hurdle. Regardless, a dual master is a must and you might want to decide the brake type before and do it all at one instead of doing it twice, as the M/C is probably different drum front versus disc front.

Anyway, good to have you around and hopefully we can help where needed.