Thread: 1962 ford falcon ranchero

Unregistered Guest

1962 ford falcon ranchero

I need a tailgate. I'm restoring this car for my disabled veteran husband. He bought car but got sick before coukd start fixing. So I am doing the job myself

Wow, restoring it for your husband, that's huge. I don't know exactly where to get a tailgate, but This group can be a lot of help. I suggest you sign up to the forum - I'm sure everyone would like to see some pics of your project and they will participate in the progress and help one way or another.
    Where have you looked for the tailgate so far?
    Craigslist?
    Falcon owners Facebook group?
    eBay?
    Stay with it and you will find it. You'll be amazed how far some people will go to help you out.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

If I know car guys, if you found your husband another nicer Falcon Ranchero that is running and driving and only needing minor work, he'll like. I like just about any Falcon I see!

Buying a running driving Ranchero will about a million times cheaper, and that's not much of an exaggeration, restoring a car is astronomically expensive.

For example, a QUALITY paint job for a car will cost about $3000 to $5000, that is not a show quality paint job, just a good quality paint job.

Already, for $3000, you will find yourself a decent running and driving Falcon, but at that price it may need paint.

Paint and body work for a car is extremely expensive.

Take a look at ebay for Ford Rancheros, or craigslist, you can find a running driving project or just a nice driver for far far far far far less than the cost to restore one.

Good luck!

I can definitely echo that...unless he's emotionally attached to the car, and depending on your definition of "restore" it's probably cheaper to buy one, and you then you don't have to spend three years on it (unless you love this stuff...) I think I'm at about 10 times my original budget on mine...but I'm in love with this thing and I'm having some fun. It would be cheaper for me to buy Larry's....see the user BadBird who is selling his.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree