Thread: Found plate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I believe it's refered to as YOM (Year Of Manufacture) program. You can only use whatever was the legal plate when your vehicle was manufactured/registered. For 1965 this was a plate stamped in 1963 with a 1965 sticker. Only the rear plate is required as this is a replacement for your collector plate. Supposedly, when the gendarme plugs in the plate number, he gets back your collector plate number.
    Last edited by SmithKid; November 30th, 2015 at 08:46 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Don, I believe one of the links you posted showed what is up for your year. I clicked on the image and saved it from that page. You would probably need to find that style plate and get a '61 sticker for it.

wa61.jpg

Keep in mind you can also just get collector plates issued by the state. That's what I have on my wagon.

wacollveh2.jpg

I would also warn - though I'm not 100% sure what would happen in this case - if you locate and buy only one plate, there is a possibility that the other plate is already owned and installed on somebody else's car. I doubt the State will issue the same plate number on two cars. But you might not find out until you are at DMV. I bought a pair of plates at the swap meet for my Ranchero ($50) to negate the potential of this.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

So there are some driving restrictions for these plates (at least in theory...) what is the cost savings of these as opposed to regular plates?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

One time cost and no annual renewal. You'll not be driving it enough to worry about any restrictions either, I'm sure.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"