Today I drove my sixty four Falcon WITHOUT the quick steer kit, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It feels like crap compared to the Falcon with the quick steer kit. Both cars are identical, both are sixty four Falcon two door post sedans with an inline 200 ci six cylinder motor and three speed manual transmissions. Both are also black with red interiors, what's left of the interiors.

The difference is so dramatic that once I have the money I intend to swap the other car over to the same front end set up. One car has the EARLY sixty four steering box and components, the other has the LATER sixty four set up. The change occurred around June or July of 1964. Actually, lemme see if I can find a link for that:

Well, I didn't find a link but maybe somebody else can provide the source for this information.

I'll say this though, having the quick steer kit is a quantum leap forward. I don't know how it compares to a rack and pinion or any other system, but comparing my two Falcons, with and without the quick steer kit, what a difference, what an improvement!

Is this for you? Depends on you. If you just want a cruiser, it won't matter and the BEST thing you can do for your Falcon in this case is simply ensure all the parts that wear are not worn or new. That alone is a vast improvement over a car with worn tie rods and steering.

I prefer a car that's a shade sharper, not that I'm a racer, nor are my cars anything special, but I do prefer a Falcon with a stiffer suspension, a heavy duty anti-sway bar, good shocks, and now that I have it, a Shelby quick steer kit.

dhbfaster, I can't wait til I can post some photos but I'm having computer issues right now, but sure, I look forward to posting more photos of my cars.