Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1963 Ford Falcon Hardtop.

They are a dealer, but they didn't buy his car. They worked to determine the money he wanted to get and then spent a lot to detail it up to the max and then will try to sell it for more than you need to make some profit as well. I'm not sure what Memory Lane does.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

1963 Ford Falcon Hardtop.

Does anyone know if that is their garage? I would love to take pictures of my car inside that. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I'm told they do, but then you might head down the selling your car road again.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Freddie is STILL For Sale, but not much longer...

I had been advertising it at $12k, but I have offered it to anyone on this Forum for $7500. That still stands, but it's gotta go by the end of this month. If no one wants it before then, I'm donating the car to charity.

It is not restored, but it underwent a “three-week makeover” several years ago, in which I removed all the trim, neutralized and smoothed rust spots (it wasn’t rusted through anywhere…), sanded and primed it, then got a Maaco acrylic enamel paint job. The bumpers were re-chromed at the same time, and it has new reproduction seat covers so the interior looks really nice also.
    It has a modified 200 six and a freshly-rebuilt C4 automatic trans with V8 clutch pack, Transgo shift kit, and a Hughes Performance torque converter. The engine has a rare Classic Inlines aluminum head and intake manifold, a 390 cfm Holley carb, Clay Smith 264-degree cam, and ceramic-coated headers.
    It is not perfect, but is good enough to enjoy right away, and is completely roadworthy and reliable.
    TO FORUM MEMBERS ONLY: $7500.
    Contact Gary at 425-788-4136 if you are interested.

Some additional pictures available at:
    http://s35.photobucket.com/user/grma...deshow/Freddie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Bummer that it might have to be donated. There's no way I could convince my wife that another Falcon is in order - no matter how much I might like it. Good luck.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

1963 Ford Falcon Hardtop.

Gary, this is sad and I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I hope you have taken a bunch of time looking at the donation issues. I had a friend who was going to do that and after finding he was only going to get a tax write off of about $700 on a $4500 car, he changed his mind.
    My advice would be to try to sell the car at the $7500 or higher price. Although I don't have to put up with your frustration it would be the only way to get any where near that amount of money.
    And yes Roger, you are correct about me going to the show room to take pictures of my car. Don't want to sell my car, at least for a few more years. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Makes me want to add another car to my collection... just to keep it in the family - so to speak. But until I sell my wagon it would be hard to do. I've always wanted a round-body hardtop more than any of the Falcons, but reentered the Falcon world (post high-school) with the wagon in '97 and never felt the feel of that desire again until I got the Ranchero. There is something about looking over the hood of a round-body Falcon...

I would tend to agree with Larry about trying to sell it to anyone, not just the club, at a lower cost before making a donation of it. I/we don't know the urgency behind this path, of course, but seems going down to $9999 is better than a donation.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Gary,
    What will they do with it if you donate it? Not much in tax savings.
    The ffog on Facebook rcomended by a Steve below has to have the most falcon people on it. Did you ever try it? Someone else could post something up for you. I have to think someone would love it and you would get more,than the tax savings. Besides...makes me sad to see it go to anyone except a falcon lover!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Freddie has a new home...

Just letting everyone here know, if interested, I worked out a deal with Gary and Freddie came home with me today. As I told Gary and Debra, "I need a new project like I need a hole in my head," but it's going to be a fun one for me. This will really push me to get the wagon sold, so it's going to get some prep for that as soon as the Ranchero is out of the garage.

As I told Gary via PM, it was an interesting drive. I'll be posting progress updates on it (as they come) in Freddie's old threads instituted by Gary.

Here it is:

2017-01-20 11.19.39.jpg
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"