Thread: Headers on a 302

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Headman Elite shortly headers work great. Same setup as you described and I have no clearance issues at all.
    Well that's a crappy picture I thought I could see them better. But they work.
    Thanks...you have a really nice engine swap. Clean, too.
    Ray Agen
    Dynasty Green 64 Sprint, 300 hp 302, AOD

OKay, Okay....pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ray Agen

Aw dude... you would have to show us the lift too!

Man...

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I've been looking at a lift like that. Those are cool you can unhook the hydraulics and roll the "posts" out of the way. How do you like it?

Oh yeah cool car too! Nice work.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    I've been looking at a lift like that. Those are cool you can unhook the hydraulics and roll the "posts" out of the way. How do you like it?

Oh yeah cool car too! Nice work.
    I had a scissor lift before this one, MaxJack, it was OK but you couldn't do tranny work. Notice I have a 9' ceiling. The Falcon goes all the way up with 2" 2 spare. I can sit on a roller chair. If I put my 49 Chev truck on it I have to sit on a creeper. I have never had to move the lift yet but it does move easy. I mounted the hydraulics on the wall instead of using their hand truck. This lift is the only way to go for a hobbyist. It needs a 5" concrete slab. Mine had cuts in the floor for expansion and wouldn't hold...I found out...cracked big time with my truck on it but all OK. So I had a 9" pour with re bar done across the lift mount points. I would definitely take it with me if I moved.
    Ray Agen

Non-truss lifts that depend solely on the concrete pour scare the you know what out of me. I saw your picture and kept scratching my head saying - they depend on the structure of the floor for resisting that much lever-arm? OMG. Who poured the floor, how well was it poured, the concrete mix? If I wasn't there, I'd be hesitant to trust my life to hoping the floor was good. Am I missing something?

I have not gone to their site yet, but this morning I saw a Summit sale ad and that same lift was there and I looked at again, and said again - What holds it up? I assume they are both bolted to the floor with long concrete anchors? I see wheels.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"