Dennis,

I have a lot of books and such, but have not been at home other than to sleep for about 2 weeks straight. If I didn't force myself to take a break at work once in a while, I'd never post anything. I plan to be home on Friday ( ) so I will look a bit for you re: these specs.

As for the correct one of the replacement advances, they are not indicating what the differences are between them, other than the model numbers of the distributors. Your distributor should have a stamped Ford model number (something C2xx or C3xx), so perhaps you can find that.

Sucking on the hose doesn't mean it is doing the job. Only means the diaphragm doesn't have a hole in it. You need to pull the cap and watch the plate move as well. Same holds true with the mechanical advance. And you don't know whether someone hasn't swapped out springs to change the curve. If the point plate is moving easily by hand as well, chances are the other bits will at least move it too - but it's good to check it both visually and watching the timing marks with the engine running.