Thread: Rear Quarter Panel Replacement

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    63vert Guest

Rear Quarter Panel Replacement

At some point in this project I need to replace both of my rear quarter panels (see images below).

Sheet Metal-
    From Auto Krafters I suspect I would need to order:
    Lower rear quarter panel patch #382-51 (L&R) at $119.95 each.
    Quarter panel repair panel #QPFS32 (L&R) at $79.95 each.
    From Dearborn Classics it looks like I would need to order
    Quarter panel rear section BP1022 at $129.95 each.
    Quarter panel front section BP1021 at $109.95 each.
    **It doesn’t look like either offer a complete solution for my needs, as I have rust around the tire opening and forward towards the door.
    Can people kindly share their preference (Auto Krafters vs. Dearborn Classics) with regard to sheet metal?
    Or do people know another route to go with regard to rear quarter panel replacement?

Body Work-
    I have not been able to visit ElhotMetal Fabrication, but I know that may be one option. Now that the car is running, I am hoping to get by there soon. I did stop by Werner’s Crash Shop here in Queen Anne. They felt that each side would take 12 hours (unless they found some surprises once they ripped into the job). They charge $48 / hour. Any opinions on how their rate stacks up against other shops?
    **I am not in a hurry, but would like to stay local (greater Seattle area) if possible.

Pat are you going to be around this weekend working on your car? If so, I may try and swing by tomorrow (Sunday)….
    Attached Images Attached Images