Thread: Shock Absorbers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shock absorbers

I installed a set of KYB GR2 / Excel-G shock absorbers on my 1963 Falcon. They seem to do what they are supposed to do. This is from my notes: For “Original Ride Quality" from Rock Auto. The shocks cost $24.79/ea. for the front and $17.81/ea. for the rear. “These shock absorbers are a new design from the experts at KYB. As the latest introduction from KYB, the GR-2 gas shocks offer the best possible combination of ride and performance for vintage cars.” “Ride Comfort is important, but restoring a vehicle's Ride Control; stability, stopping, lane change responsiveness and handling, is critical. KYB Excel-G Shocks & Struts are designed for the most important performance purpose: Restore the vehicle's original capabilities. KYB is the world's largest supplier of shocks and struts to new vehicle manufacturers. The Excel-G is made on the same KYB OE assembly lines, uses the same OE quality components and is calibrated to restore original, designed performance, not change it. That earned Excel-G this classification: OEA (Original Equipment for the Aftermarket). The KYB Excel-G is a Nitrogen gas-charged twin-tube design that includes every quality component that our global OEM products include.”
    Last edited by ew1usnr; April 5th, 2017 at 07:33 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)