Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Quandary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OK to occupy!

Yay! The over two year ordeal has finally come to an end. I have passed all my inspections as of today. Not to say there will not be other ordeals, but this phase is over. Now comes a few tweaks, insulation, and then sheetrock. Hopefully I can get all that done (doing this all myself) by Christmas and I'll have a Christmas present under those trees out there.

As you saw in the previous post I picked up a machine lathe (and was given a lot of metal along with it) and last weekend my wife came upon a wood lathe. So whether it be metal or wood, I guess I'll be able to turn it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

WOW! All looking great, Roger.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

What are you doing for heat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    What are you doing for heat?
    The gold and white things you see under the benches are oil filled heaters Lila found for me at garage/estate sales. The gold one was $5 and the white one was $10. The garage is well insulated and so far these heaters, set at fairly low settings, have made it very comfortable out there. This week we get a cold front, so we'll see how it goes.

I need to find a vise I like. I keep trying...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Though I came down with some crud right after my last post I did muster some strength while the weather was [slightly] calm to get the compressor moved out of its temporary storage room up in the house. Still have the rolling tool chest to move and a bunch of boxes of stuff (oils, paints, hardware, spare parts, etc.), but getting this compressor in will now allow me to setup the lathe and figure out where to run airlines and other cabinets and stuff. Didn't want to work around more than I had to getting this in - though I did have to let some of the air out of Gene's trailer to get this in on the trailer. By about 1/2".
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"