Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Quandary

Quote Originally Posted by Gitanesteel View Post
    Found a contractor selling plans and a truss package for a 36'X48'. 10' ceilings in part and peaked in the other section which would work for a lift in the future. The apartment area in the floor plan will change to an office, 1/2 bath and storage room. On the left elevation I'll get rid of the right window and replace with a single 10'x9' overhead door.
    Scott, that's gonna be nice. I'd have loved a larger space as originally planned, but that was why I have nothing as of yet. I've been trying to get an actual schedule from these guys I'm using, but so far it's still vapor. I'm, of course, a bit shell-shocked from the last experience, so I'm sure it's gonna go smoother than the last.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post
    Wow, you guys are both building dream garages!
    Roger, I’m losing track. After you add the electric Ranchero (Rancherolectric) does that get you back to three falcons?
    Funny thing is- I think that would be a great project, and you could probably make it faster than all the gas falcons.
    Don, my dream garage would have been the last design, but it'll be plenty big enough for my needs.
    Other than my 66 F100, I have only the Ranchero now.
    And yes, If built right an electric car is very quick. I suspect SEMA will soon see a lot of "kits" being shown off. I think it would be a fun build, and maybe my (someday) second Falcon would be electric.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

After over 4 weeks of trying to get a ball-park schedule, with replies like "I'll have to check with Lew and get back to you" - then nothing for another week; prompting me to ask again... I finally told the guy yesterday that I thought this "Lew guy" was his imaginary friend. That got a reply. He says I'm about a week out from the crew coming to start the layout and dig.

Fingers crossed.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

There is a mote now...

Today it started. After over two years I have now seen movement on the garage. Tomorrow the form guys are supposed to come followed by the form inspection on Friday. Concrete should be pouring next week, I'm told. Fingers crossed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

That's great news Roger! Looking forward to seeing the progress
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

My soon to be garage. Not a quandary anymore

They came and set the forms on Friday while I was over in Hansville working on a deck. Had hoped the schedule would be as they said, and they'd have got the dig, the forms, and then the inspection, all done by Friday. I wanted all that behind me so I could head over there having seen it all done. But a delay pushed it all out a day and I couldn't watch the work on that being done.

Got home really late last night so I didn't even get to see what was done (in person) until this morning when the inspector came. Thankfully it passed and by tomorrow this time the concrete will be poured. Yay.

I forgot to take pictures today, but these are those sent to me on my phone Friday night.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

WOW! Looking great, Roger!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Smooth as a baby's butt...

...was the answer given when I asked what the surface was going to be like. What I found out is that to get that required a lot of hurry up and wait. They were here at 8:00 waiting for the truck(s) to come - it required 2 loads - and they were done pouring at about noon and left at 5:30. Between noon and 5:30 was using the BBM (baby's butt machine) to burnish the surface smooth. About 20-30 minutes wait between passes. Looks good though, and got to show off the Ranchero to the crew.

Now I wait a couple weeks for the building crew to get finished on another build. From then it should be non-stop until a building appears.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"