Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Quandary

That is going to be such a great shop. When does the roof go up?
    AND, holy cow those are huge trees. Are those like 100 years old?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Wednesday was a pretty productive day, though I knew when the owner of Garages Etc. called me that morning saying he was coming over there was going to be some delay coming. Just knew it. When the framers actually showed up (first) I figured I was wrong about that. NOT! 15 minutes later he came over to tell me he was pulling the guys off for a couple days to go do something elsewhere to save that customer $10K a day in fines of some sort. [rolleyes] The framers still got all the roof sheathing up and fascia so the roofer, who is coming tomorrow, can do the roof. The roofing material showed up just as the sun was setting, and I wasn't here, so will post pics of the finished roof tomorrow evening... or just roofing material sitting up there. Time will tell.

Hopefully the trees are well rooted...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roofers came as promised, and they did a very nice job.

Had a visit today, as well, from the electrician I hired last year to do the 200amp house service panel upgrade and will soon have a couple bids from him on getting power out there. One will be using the company he works for and one with him doing it on his own time and me pulling the permit. As I said to him, "It's not a garage until it has power." Hopefully that isn't an arm and two legs.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Glad to see progress. Do you have something against windows?

Why, yes I do.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

It's been a couple busy weeks as they worked to finish up the garage. Electrician is coming tomorrow to drop the line and get me powered up. Then I have both electrical and final building inspections sometime next week. Who knows when they come. They show when they show, but that means I pretty much have to be here until they do (see club meeting thread posted today). I have already started moving a few things in (must be kept away from the walls, for now) and once the inspections are done I can start my part of it all.

I've been slowly seeking out things I used to have daily access to at work. The pictures say it all.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

OK to occupy!

Yay! The over two year ordeal has finally come to an end. I have passed all my inspections as of today. Not to say there will not be other ordeals, but this phase is over. Now comes a few tweaks, insulation, and then sheetrock. Hopefully I can get all that done (doing this all myself) by Christmas and I'll have a Christmas present under those trees out there.

As you saw in the previous post I picked up a machine lathe (and was given a lot of metal along with it) and last weekend my wife came upon a wood lathe. So whether it be metal or wood, I guess I'll be able to turn it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Hmmm..... wonder how wood-turned dog-dish hubcaps would look.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

If I made them? Not too good.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Very cool, Roger!! I think I've finally got the location of my shop figured out on my place. I've had three big issues - where the power to the house was, where the stupid location for the septic drainfield is at and, the most important from my wife, limit the elimination of views. Now that it's locked down I'll put the final paperwork together and get it to the building department. Trusses are already on the ground in my field so that's a big plus
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Roger our new shop looks great!
    When is the tech day so we can help you finish it off?
    I feel a sick day at work coming some time in December...
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Quote Originally Posted by Gitanesteel View Post
    Very cool, Roger!! I think I've finally got the location of my shop figured out on my place. I've had three big issues - where the power to the house was, where the stupid location for the septic drainfield is at and, the most important from my wife, limit the elimination of views. Now that it's locked down I'll put the final paperwork together and get it to the building department. Trusses are already on the ground in my field so that's a big plus
    Interesting you had trusses before the rest of it. My trusses were the bottleneck to the process. Almost 3 months for them. It'll be fun to watch another garage going up, so be sure to post your pics too! The forum needs some activity.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"