Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a motor and a place to install it.

I need a motor and a place to install it.

If any of you read my "quandary" thread, I'm still lacking a garage. 17 months waiting for a permit and counting. Here it is getting to be nicer weather (soon) and me needing a new motor for my Ranchero. I can get one (possibly), but with nowhere to work on the car, I'm maybe gonna miss another year of shows!!! AHH!

I've pretty much decided I'm gonna locate a 331 stroker for the car, built and ready to go (from somewhere, someday), but the only way I can proceed is if I can find a flat spot to install it.

I've been looking at this builder (if you wanna know). He's on eBay and seems to know his stuff:
    https://www.ebay.com/usr/creb_engine...88.m1543.l2754
    I'd use a local builder, but I ended up selling my spare 302 in my estate sale so I could sell my house. Now that the house is sold, I can move on this, but don't have a place to build a motor (which I would rather do myself, but lacking the luxury of such things).

If anyone has a 331 built, or a 302 core they wanna sell cheap (that I can have built for me), or a flat covered spot to let me do the swap, or both!, let me know!

Thanks!

And where is everyone? I've had to go over to Facebook to get my Falcon fixes lately.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; March 3rd, 2019 at 11:35 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Good luck finding one Roger.

I reused my block for my recent build and I believe Jeff in Yakima did the same thing.

What's currently in the Ranchero?
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Here's a guy in Yakima that's advertising on Craigslist. Don't know anything about him, but he's offering 331's at a reasonable price:

https://yakima.craigslist.org/pts/d/...806778637.html
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

Wow - Replies!

Beginning to wonder if anyone lives here anymore...

Scott, I have a '060 over 289, which always ran a bit on the hot side - more than I liked to see. Never spewed, but purposely avoided the situations to prompt that.

Beer, that looks like the same ad we get in Seattle. I think that guy is in Spokane, but will look into it more.

The more I look, the more I like the creb_engeineering guys on eBay, but wouldn't mind giving local businesses money instead. I really want a roller motor, I think.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Mine was a .030 over 289 that ended up with the balance issues. Block was in really good shape so we went with a 331 stroker kit. Kept the stock heads as I still wanted some originality knowing that would sacrifice some breathing and power.

Crate motors seem the most efficient way to go from a time perspective.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Roger, I wish I had a place to perform your swap. I can offer help when you get around to do the work. You have been extremely helpful to everyone in the club the least I can do is get my hands dirty along side you.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Well, I appreciate that Jeff. Without a flat space for a couple days, or a place to ship the motor to (an industrial location with a forklift, I guess, which is how I can get shipping for FREE if I use Creb), I'll be hesitant to move forward. And sadly, not seeing much in the way of offers.

Maybe I'll have to put out a request on the Facebook page to see if anyone is watching over there.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Kenny and I can receive you palletized motor at work... M-F 9-4. We can store it a week or two until you can get your pickup truck to Harbor Island.
    Last edited by Jeff W; March 10th, 2019 at 10:49 PM.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

That's helpful. Thanks guys. We'll chat about it at the meeting next week, perhaps.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"