Thread: Big BIG Falcon Parts Sale!

Big BIG Falcon Parts Sale!

Last weekend, Pat and I went to look at a stockpile of Falcon parts and spoke with the owner about having a "Garage Sale" of sorts. This sale will be advertised only on the FalconForum and via an email I will send out to all subscribed members.

Here's some history. I received an email a few months ago from a man who said a woman in his church had a couple of sheds in disrepair and they were full of old Ford Falcon parts. She also had a garage full of parts. The sheds needed to be torn down and she wanted to sell the parts. The woman's husband had died a few years ago and was a Falcon enthusiast. The man was Jim Fry and some of you may have known him from the original Falcon Club years before this current incarnation.

So I'm starting this thread as a "Save-The-Date" and will give more specific details in the email I send out this Sunday. I can say that the sale will be Saturday, November 17th and she lives in Renton.

There is really an overwhelming amount of parts. There's a 200-six with a C4, a nice `62 hood, several round body doors, 3 gas tanks for either a van or wagon, some fenders, lots of trim pieces, generators, bumpers, seats, and LOTS of small things, some NOS. I didn't run across any dash clocks or Sprint tachs but we were only there an hour or so and the garage had lots of drawers and cabinets full of parts. Some of you may remember his Falcon van that was at the Bowen Scarff Ford show last year. It had a pop-up top, canvas hammocks, a sink, toilet...all original Ford options. There are lots of Econoline/Falcon van parts.

I'm going down this Saturday to take photographs and will post them here on Sunday and send out my email with more details. I want us to do the right thing as a club and help this woman as much as we can. If you're interested in buying parts, you'll get a better deal than eBay but everyone needs to be fair and as honest as possible as to the value of these parts. She's having some difficulty with house payments and the money she gets from the sale of these parts will really help her.

So...stay tuned and mark your calendars! Details to follow...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Jeff Watson and I went to rummage through this parts collection and took a few pictures. I've posted them to:

http://www.redfalken.com/FreySale/index.htm

Take a look and hopefully you'll see enough to peak your interest. There's a lot of stuff here and after a couple of hours of looking around, we finally had to head back home and there were still quite a few buckets, boxes, shelves, and piles we didn't have a chance to sift through. There are "tons" of little things very specific to Falcons also that wouldn't be worth it for someone to sell on eBay but if you just gotta have it to finish a project, nothing else will do.

I'm particularly interested to see if anyone knows for sure about the gas tank below. Would this be the hard to find Ranchero/Wagon tank? Or is it off an Econoline? There are 4 of these.

So tomorrow I'll send an email to everyone subscribed to this Forum and it will include all of the details. Please help spread the word!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I sent out an email to everyone subscribed to the FalconForum. If you're subscribed and didn't get one, please email webmaster@rainierfalcons.com and I'll try to figure out why.

Here are the details for the sale:

Saturday, November 17th
    11:00 am - 3:00 pm
    2425 Monterey Ave. NE
    Renton, WA

Also, if you plan on attending, please post a reply. I'm curious to find out who's coming!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Im There..... I hope

I wouldnt mind rummaging around for a while...... did ya see any V8 stuff? Sounds like fun any way
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I don't remember seeing any V8 engine stuff but there were lots of places we couldn't see because there was so much stuff. Lots of items that are common to Falcons regardless of the engine though.

Hope you'll make it. Should be a good time! And if you're tired of eBay prices...you'll like the deals.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Kenny, We should have taken a few pictures of the garage as a whole to get the feel of the volume. we spent most of our time shuffling thing from side to side to be able to get to things. I hope the weather is nice so you can clear out some of the bigger items and get at some of the crates under the bench. really didn't see much in this garage that WASN'T for a Falcon or Econoline. I wonder where he kept things like shovels and lawn equipment?

Oh yeah... there were the hundreds of Avon bottles... mostly car related. Not my thing but I could see Roger going for something like that.

I know I saw a couple of boxes with new radiators, I think one was new, control arms, and boat loads of trim. I'm anxious to go through some of that and see if there are some pieces of britework that is less pitted than what I have now. Those washboards would cover my rusted quarterpanels but then I would have to install all that other lower trim. I'll have to pass of those.

I'm interested in seeing the Falcon Camper also. I'm not in the market but I'm sorry I missed it at the Bowen Scarf show.

I'm not sure if the camper will be there but I'm hoping it will. It has a lot of dealer options that are probably pretty rare and they have some paperwork documenting it. I found 2 pictures on the web but they're not very good. I didn't have my camera when I went to Bowen Scarff.

I'm guessing the production figures on this camper is pretty low. Pop-up top, toilet, jump seats, canvas hammocks, table, Falcon badged...and all factory. She'd like to sell the camper too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

It has a toilet! Maybe I am interested. Living in the city... that may be the closest I will get to peeing in my own back yard ;-)

I just checked out the photos - that's a lot of stuff! I wouldn't be a bit surprized if those blue door panels and the rearend outside are from when he bought my 'l65 Futura back in '90. I'd be ready for rats while you're digging

Although I'm short on cash and storage space, I am going to try and stop by - probably around 2pm. If you see any squarebody stuff be sure to set it aside!

Roger - if you're coming, please bring the magazines with you - thanks!
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Directions?

Is it pretty easy to find? What time are you going to be there Kenny?
    Sounds exciting.......
    Curiosity is getting the better of me.........lol
    Is this an offficial meeting?lol
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

It's very easy to get to. Just plug the address into your favorite map website like Mapquest. I'll be there when it starts and probably hang around to help for a few hours. I only volunteered to help get the word out and the family is dealing with anything else.

Not a meeting but just a gathering of like minds! Anyway, I'm just the newsletter editor now so I don't plan the meetings. We usually don't have official meetings during the wet, cold months but I'll leave that up to Roger, the new el presidente.

Come on down. It should be fun.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

I got a message earlier from Will looking to carpool down there, but couldn't leave a message on his recorder, so...

If I do go, Will, I won't be going back home until the evening so I can't carpool. Maybe I'll see you there!
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch